Cycling video thread

Mr. Beanz

Aug 18, 2015
Add 'em as you create them! I know there are one or two other dudes on this site that like to create videos! About time we make a video thread! :D

Yesterday's 40 miler with Gina, later joined by a couple other dudes.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://www.youtube.com/embed/yiE7WQySC8Q
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Reactions: Sophie Elise
Decided to leave work a little early and start the weekend off with 3 hours playing on the trails. Couldn't help but go play on the ice for a bit, and stop to see how the guys ice fishing were doing. Let's hope the weather forecast is right because they are projecting 23" of snow starting late Saturday.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_G56USf2t9k

Reactions: Mr. Beanz
Nice way to spend some time Sunday afternoon playing in the freezing rain.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KJ1ODIXsiQ

Comment on YT saying you should do a bike design video or review on that bike. I don't think I've ever seen a split top tube. Least that is what I think it is in the video. Or at least a few pics. ;)

Reactions: zipp2001
Comment on YT saying you should do a bike design video or review on that bike. I don't think I've ever seen a split top tube. Least that is what I think it is in the video. Or at least a few pics. ;)

I got this fat bike from Bikemanforu when he was closing his shop. He sold it off at half price and I couldn't pass it up. It's not a very expensive rig but I really bought it to have as a spare trail bike to use for friends when friends wanted to try out the trails. I let them ride the 29 plus bike because it has the suspension fork and a wider gear selection. But when everything gets icy I have it set up with studded tires so it gets some play time. Will do a video on it soon.

Saturday's ride with Gina and a couple of buddies. Gina had a stone face just about the entire ride.

Front and rear GoPro recorders.

Saturday's ride with Gina and a couple of buddies. Gina had a stone face just about the entire ride.

Front and rear GoPro recorders.

Looks like you had company this time out, oh ya nice weather.

A little short video of a short ride around the house on Sunday morning. One of my fave 80's songs! :D

A little short video of a short ride around the house on Sunday morning. One of my fave 80's songs! :D

I'm getting closer and closer to going with the same editing software program your using. It's just that I'm old and slow at pulling the trigger on new tech stuff. So I'm keeping an eye on your videos and checking out the cool stuff you can do.

Same here! I only bought the powerdirector16 because I bought a new computer and it did not include windows movie maker. Which actually had a few bugs here and there with my old computer. It would cut off in the middle of creating a video. I'd have to start all over.

The new software does not do that. Works much smoother. I got it about 6 or more months ago but it seemed difficult at first glance as it is very different from WMM. But now that I see how it works, pretty cool.

One feature I like is that one can make custom fade to scenes. I can use my face and it will make a trippy image of my face as it blends to another scene.

I can also use my face as particles. I can make those little stars that flutter over the titles so that it is a bunch of little faces floating around. Pretty cool but takes some investigating.

I know a channel, Sharper Turtle on YT that explains thing pretty clearly. Also Powerdirector University. Guys are pretty good if you ever want to take a look.

Seems like a lot to learn, which I hate but once you understand the features, it applies to most others so being related, it's a little easier to use.

Hey, Zipp and Beanz - how do you post videos? And what sort of software do you need to edit them?

I myself use 1 or 2 go pro recorders depending on if I want the rear view as well.

I use a video editor I bought for about $60 called Powerdirector16. Pretty awesome effects.

But up until about 6 months ago I used Windows Movie Maker for free that was on my computer. I bought a new computer that did not come with a free video editor so that is why I bought the new editor.

I record, edit my videos then post them on youtube. I then copy the link from the share section of the video then paste it here by using the "MEDIA" icon above in the bar just to the right of the center, second icon from the emoji smiley face icon. Copy and paste the link into the window that opens up. Bam! Video in your post.

I myself run my recorders for 1 minute max on most of my rides. I end up with 20 clips of a minute or less. This makes it easy to open and edit in the editors, that is my experience and preference. Some people just run the recorder non stop on rides and end up with a 10,20+ minute videos. Not my preference as I am not good at searching for the scenes I want. I'd rather have mine recorded segment by segment.

Another reason I used short 1 minute clips is that windows movie maker was not good at opening big files and keeping them open. I'd work for 20 minutes on a video to only have the program shut down on me. So now with the new editor, I just kept the same technique.

I use a GoPro2 and a Go Pro3..............I use them and they are fine for my needs. I have buds that have to ditch the older ones and buy the latest and greatest. Not that they even post videos, waste of money imo.

0bikestuff3_zps0fscphyn.jpg

Last edited:
I myself use 1 or 2 go pro recorders depending on if I want the rear view as well.

I use a video editor I bought for about $60 called Powerdirector16. Pretty awesome effects.

But up until about 6 months ago I used Windows Movie Maker for free that was on my computer. I bought a new computer that did not come with a free video editor so that is why I bought the new editor.

I record, edit my videos then post them on youtube. I then copy the link from the share section of the video then paste it here by using the "MEDIA" icon above in the bar just to the right of the center, second icon from the emoji smiley face icon. Copy and paste the link into the window that opens up. Bam! Video in your post.

I myself run my recorders for 1 minute max on most of my rides. I end up with 20 clips of a minute or less. This makes it easy to open and edit in the editors, that is my experience and preference. Some people just run the recorder non stop on rides and end up with a 10,20+ minute videos. Not my preference as I am not good at searching for the scenes I want. I'd rather have mine recorded segment by segment.

Another reason I used short 1 minute clips is that windows movie maker was not good at opening big files and keeping them open. I'd work for 20 minutes on a video to only have the program shut down on me. So now with the new editor, I just kept the same technique.

I use a GoPro2 and a Go Pro3..............I use them and they are fine for my needs. I have buds that have to ditch the older ones and buy the latest and greatest. Not that they even post videos, waste of money imo.

View attachment 3470
I got a killer deal on a GoPro2 that doesn't have any name on it, so I'll start out trying that. But of course at the moment riding a trainer in the garage while it rains isn't all that interesting;

The roads are as close as clean that they will get for winter and I have a small window before snow moves in Tuesday. So before I'm back out on the trails the old girl got the call to come out and enjoy a chilly leg stretching ride.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YXmT-T31ow

I got a killer deal on a GoPro2 that doesn't have any name on it, so I'll start out trying that. But of course at the moment riding a trainer in the garage while it rains isn't all that interesting;

It is if you do a short 2 minute all out effort then throw up on video! :D

Hey, Zipp and Beanz - how do you post videos? And what sort of software do you need to edit them?

Mr. Beanz is better at the editing process than me. I just use a free editing software from GoPro (GoPro Studio) because I'm old and simple. Been reading up on the one Mr. Beanz is using but I'm like a snail when it comes to pulling the trigger on tech stuff. Once I'm done a ride I upload into the GoPro Studio then edit it. Once I'm done with the edit of the footage I export it into a file and am ready to upload to a forum if I want to.