Cycling weather report - Perfect.

MotownBikeBoy

Nov 24, 2012
Air temp 14 F, wind chill 0 F, light snow. You boys should be out here with me, it's awesome.

It's 19° here and my tires would be all over the place in the snow you guys have on the ground! Good luck up there and have a safe New Year!

Thanks. I am incredibly impressed with the handling and stability of this bike. Surly built it like a tank. For a relatively inexpensive bike it's pretty amazing. The owner of the bike shop told me Specialized's rollout of a fat bike has been a disaster. He took orders for 3, with assurance of delivery in the fall, Sp. keeps moving the goal post, now they are telling him late Feb. Glad I got this Surly last year, he's no longer carrying Surly.

Another option, true, I cross country ski and also snowshoe. Come to Detroit, we can have a blast. Hey, get here by tomorrow, you can join 110,000 brave souls at Michigan Stadium to watch the Red Wings and the Mapleleafs battle it out in 18 degree weather with 5-6 degree windchill and 2-3 inches of snow.

Good move, JH. The XC waxables are waxed and the waxless ( I use glide wax on them anyway) are ready to go.

Seven Springs, anyone?

XC in Detroit? What kicker wax works best on 3" of freshly strewn trash and will a Kevlar vest with plate carriers be sufficient to stop the Glock Fo'tay and Tec Nine rounds?