Cycling Wiki

cfsmtb

New Member
Apr 11, 2003
4,963
Nice initiative, seriously thought, it really requires more input. Envisage a 'Australian' version.

Ciki?

*boom*tish*

*********************
Welcome to the Cycling wiki
http://cycling.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

A knowledge base for everything related to riding a bicycle! This is a wiki for you to find or deposit knowledge about cycling. Whatever your interest, be it Racing, Commuting, Utilty Cycling, Mountain Biking, BMX, Touring, Charity Rides, Recreation, Ultracycling, Beach Cruising, Choppers, Mutant Bikes, Bicycle Advocacy or anything else to do with pedal power, this should become your resource, and it's yours to edit!

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 13:32:51 +1000, cfsmtb wrote:

> Nice initiative, seriously thought, it really requires more input.
> Envisage a 'Australian' version.

Featuring sticky tyres which keep us from falling off into space?

I wonder if cycling is not the most written about topic there is already.
VTPI for example has as much as anyone could read before the oil does run
out. There might be some rivetting philosophical arguments between VC's and
Bike Laners tho.

fb

news:[email protected]...

Fractal said:
There might be some rivetting philosophical arguments between VC's and Bike Laners tho.

Arrrgggg - don't go there. I'll prefer putting up with feckin trolls rather than contending with those drawnout torturous 'discussions'

cfsmtb wrote:
> Nice initiative, seriously thought, it really requires more input.
> Envisage a 'Australian' version.
>
> Ciki?
>
> *boom*tish*
>
> *********************
> Welcome to the Cycling wiki
> http://cycling.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

I've been putting together one myself for a while over at
http://euanbuchanan.pbwiki.com/ Quite happy to drop what I have done in
to the wikia one, I can use this one for other purposes.

Does the wikia one have permissions etc?
--
Cheers
Euan

cfsmtb wrote:
> Nice initiative, seriously thought, it really requires more input.
> Envisage a 'Australian' version.
>
> Ciki?
>
> *boom*tish*
>
> *********************
> Welcome to the Cycling wiki
> http://cycling.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Here's a thought, seeing as this site uses the same engine as Wikipedia,
why don't we put the content there? It's bound to get more exposure
than Wikia.
--
Cheers
Euan

Euan wrote:
> cfsmtb wrote:
>> Nice initiative, seriously thought, it really requires more input.
>> Envisage a 'Australian' version.
>> Ciki?
>> *boom*tish*
>>
>> *********************
>> Welcome to the Cycling wiki
>> http://cycling.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

> Here's a thought, seeing as this site uses the same engine as Wikipedia,
> why don't we put the content there? It's bound to get more exposure
> than Wikia.

Bad form following up your own post I know, but answering my own question:

Wikipedia is an encyclopedia incorporating elements of general
encyclopedias, specialized encyclopedias, and almanacs. Wikipedia is not
an indiscriminate collection of information.

Guess it's not the appropriate forum.
--
Cheers
Euan

Euan said:
cfsmtb wrote:
> Nice initiative, seriously thought, it really requires more input.
> Envisage a 'Australian' version.
>
> Ciki?
>
> *boom*tish*

> Welcome to the Cycling wiki
> http://cycling.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Here's a thought, seeing as this site uses the same engine as Wikipedia,
why don't we put the content there? It's bound to get more exposure
than Wikia.
--
Cheers
Euan

Half the content's probably there already.