Cycling With Kids

Corzhens

May 26, 2015
When my nephews and nieces were in grade school, they would usually accompany me in biking inside the village. We would borrow some bikes from our neighbor for that purpose so there were 4 of us in my weekend mornings. We used to do that during summers. It was fun because after an hour of biking, we would troop to a nearby eatery (inside the village) and have breakfast and chat until 9 am.

Wow, this is way too early for me to be up. Or, should I lately say it is much too late for me to be up. I work the overnight shift. I have never been much of a morning person. I think it sounds like great memory makers for the nieces and nephews who were involved in this.

Cycling with the kids is always a fun endeavor, as long as the little riders know the proper safety skills and whatnot. Nothing is worse than riding with a minor that is doing reckless things or not paying attention to the ride. Fortunately, a properly trained and educated young rider can be a blast to bicycle with.

I wish I could have done that more with my mom. My mom hasn't been on a bike since well we fire I was born. I tried to get her to get her bike out when I was little and come ride with us, but she didn't want to and it never happened. Biking as a family is a great way to spend time together and get exercise.

Kids love it when their moms go cycling with them. I would know as my mom often got us to do it when I was young. That sort of built up the interest for me to date.

DancingLady said:
I wish I could have done that more with my mom. My mom hasn't been on a bike since well we fire I was born. I tried to get her to get her bike out when I was little and come ride with us, but she didn't want to and it never happened. Biking as a family is a great way to spend time together and get exercise.
Although we go on excursions particularly swimming when I was young, I never experienced any athletic activity participated in by the family. From what I remember, the only athletic activity I had was when my father taught me how to ride a horse. I would be in the racetrack early in the morning of a weekend to go on practice ride. But it's not much of a bonding since it was more like a professional activity and not a family endeavor. My father is the teacher and I was the student.

I love it when parents or the adult ones make a good influence on the children. Growing up I never had someone to inspire me when it comes to learning a new sport maybe because my family is not really into that kind of thing. It would not hurt if we spend some time with the younger generations and try to guide them help them make better choices right?

I don't have kids, but a handful of people in my cycling group do and sometimes we take them with us on some of the less challenging mountain bike trails.
It's always a great time, and I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that the parents have super high expectations of their kids regarding safe behavior, and everyone else in the group is keeping an eye on them too, which means no one has ever gotten hurt or had a safety issue on any of our family rides.

I used to ride with my Aunt when I was a kid and it was definitely a good experience. I feel like kids should go outdoors more and of course, it is harder to keep an eye on them and bike at the same time. It would definitely be a great experience for kids though.

My younger kid can now already ride perfectly on his own and it's a true pleasure to watch. Sure, he's not fir just yet for long rides, but he's on the right direction. :)

Muscle tissue is further divided into skeletal muscle, smooth muscle, cardiac muscle and myoepithelial tissue. In an adult male muscle constitutes 40 to 50% by total weight of the woman is the case, then an average of about 30 to 40%. The human body is approximately 600 muscles Fibroids Miracle

My son is only a year old so biking with him is not really possible yet. He does have a bike that we use to go around our village. He can't manipulate it on his own yet so I just push it for him lol. I remember this one YouTube family blog where they went for a ride, the husband and wife, with their kids. They put some equipment in the bike, like a child carrier. They have twins and a little girl. So the wife has two child carriers with her bike and she has the twins. The husband has the girl in the carrier. Then the grandparent was also around to supervise them since the kids are put in the back side of the bike. I don't know if this is available though in our country. It seems like fun!

Cycling with kids can be tricky. I was working as a babysitter in a three kid family and the kindergarten was quite far from their home. On mornings when the father take the boy to kindergarten they went by bike. But he was only 4 and not the really good commuter.

I could never go with him, that we would be both on our bikes. I just don't trusted myself and was afraid, that what if he doesn't stop at red lights. But with my relatives or smaller siblings i can bike together. I think it depends on the level of responsibility and comfort you have on the road.

My husband and I bike several times a week (weather permitting!) with our children. When they are babies we pull them in a cart. Toddlers like to ride in a seat on the back of Daddy's bike. When we have one in training wheels, we strap their bike to the cart and let them practice riding on level lots in town. Our children can usually bike on their own by about age 5.

Growing up on bikes helps the children to be safe riders. We all wear helmets and we teach them to be extremely cautious of cars and dogs. Daddy usually leads the way with the children following and me at the end so no one is left behind. Biking seems to have made them better car drivers when they grow up too. When they learn to drive they already know the rules of the road and are cautious of others biking.

Everyone in town calls us 'The Bicycle People'. :D In Europe it is much more normal for people and families to bike as a way of life. I wish more would do it here in the states!

My parents were never being on any type of activity like that, and I wish that they were. I take my children with me almost all of the time, unless the older ones are at school.

Wow, I love reading your post! I intend to do this with my son as well. Right now, he's only two years old but when he's old enough to ride a bike, I want to ride a bike with him and my husband. We cannot find those attachment seats for bike from where we are which I'm quite bummed about. We tried putting a side attachment to the bike but my son won't stay put long. He wants to pedal as well like me, lol.

So we figured, we would just wait until he can ride his own bike. Right now, he has his little bike but cannot still reach the pedals. He uses this other car, and slides his feet in the floor to move it. Haha. We just wish he is that willing to pedal a bike when he's older. He doesn't even like the car we bought him which is automatic by the way, he prefers the manual car. Lol!