Cycling World Championships : 2015 Richmond, Vermont.

limerickman

Jan 5, 2004
Stateside the world championships take place this week.

I'd expected Tony Martin to do the business in the Individual Time Trial but that never materialised.

Difficult to call how the mens road race will fare.
If Geraint was racing I'd put a wager on him.

Sagan?
Boonen?

It's a relatively flat course this year so it shouldn't suit a climber but who knows?

You essentially called it Lim. Sagan took off and nobody followed. Then he was too strong and it was too late. But, I was glad to see him win, with his bad luck at the Vuelta. And of course so his many second place finishes this year.

Reactions: limerickman
It seemed wide open this year but I was so impressed with Sagan winning on that killer climb at the end. Matthews really gave him a good run for his money and at the end anything could have happened to upset the result. It was a fantastic championship, well organised and a great course. I'm going over to Vermont next year, maybe I'll give it a go myself, although my times are likely to be considerably slower.

Steve Dawson said:
It seemed wide open this year but I was so impressed with Sagan winning on that killer climb at the end. Matthews really gave him a good run for his money and at the end anything could have happened to upset the result. It was a fantastic championship, well organised and a great course. I'm going over to Vermont next year, maybe I'll give it a go myself, although my times are likely to be considerably slower.
The parcours was excellent for this race for sure.