Cycling

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Budgie, Oct 3, 2003.

  1. Budgie

    Budgie Guest

    Of the 8 newsgroups in which I lurk, this one has the most messages by far.

    Doesn't anyone ever do any cycling?

    Budgie

    ---

  2. oh yes - some days I do about 12 miles, others 35+

    Cheers, helen s

    ~~~~~~~~~~
    h*$el***$$n*$d$ot$**s**i$$m*$m$**on**[email protected]*$$a**$*ol*$*.*$$c$om*$ by getting rid of the
    overdependence on money and fame
    ~~~~~~~~~~

  3. Simon Proven

    Simon Proven Guest

    Budgie wrote:
    > Of the 8 newsgroups in which I lurk, this one has the most messages by far.

    > Doesn't anyone ever do any cycling?

    You lurk in more newsgroups than I!

    Simon

  4. Simon Proven

    Simon Proven Guest

    wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX wrote:
    > oh yes - some days I do about 12 miles, others 35+

    I do about 10.5 miles if it's just cycling to/from work. Most I've done in a day this year is 112
    (and that only two weeks after returning to cycling from my hernia op.)

    I think perhaps we need sub-groups, though.

    Simon

  5. Peter B

    Peter B Guest

    "Budgie" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Of the 8 newsgroups in which I lurk, this one has the most messages by
    far.

    > Doesn't anyone ever do any cycling?

    Yes, but cycling has limits imposed by its physical demands, unlike say fishing or model making, so
    it leaves a large part of the day left for scoffing, quaffing and waffling.

    Pete

  6. Graham

    Graham Guest

    "Budgie" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Of the 8 newsgroups in which I lurk, this one has the most messages by
    far.

    > Doesn't anyone ever do any cycling?

    No

    Graham

    > Budgie
    >

    > ---

  7. Tony W

    Tony W Guest

    "Budgie" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Of the 8 newsgroups in which I lurk, this one has the most messages by
    far.

    > Doesn't anyone ever do any cycling?

    Been out 4 times on the bike (well, actually on two different bikes) today -- clocking up about 12
    miles. I hope to get out tomorrow for a gentle 25 and will do a club run on Sunday that should
    clock up 60+

  8. Tony W

    Tony W Guest

    "wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > >I think perhaps we need sub-groups, though.
    >
    > There's submarines powered by cyclists nowadays? How quaint!

    Only Myra when she was young and irresponsible!!

  9. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 18:35:19 +0100, "Budgie" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Doesn't anyone ever do any cycling?

    15 miles a day commuting, aparet from that not a lot at present.

    Guy
    ===
    ** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony. http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk

  10. M Series

    M Series Guest

    Budgie wrote:
    > Of the 8 newsgroups in which I lurk, this one has the most messages by far.
    >
    > Doesn't anyone ever do any cycling?
    >
    > Budgie
    >

    > ---

    Not for a few weeks, hence few posts from me. Go back through the archives to late August to learn
    of my 100 milers on consecurive Sundays

  11. Hegs

    Hegs Guest

    "Budgie" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Of the 8 newsgroups in which I lurk, this one has the most messages by far.
    >
    > Doesn't anyone ever do any cycling?
    >
    > Budgie

    Yes! Apparently a cyclist won the 'Tour de France' this year!! On a bike!!!

    ---

  12. Niv

    Niv Guest

    I try to do 100+ per week in the summer months, but usually fail. Been hit with some bug for last 2
    months that leaves me tired quite a lot. I go out some days & feel fine, but then I feel poorly
    again for a few days, sore throat, mild headache etc. So should I stop trying for a for weeks & try
    to fully recover before cycling again.

    On a different note, a bought a new (to me) MTB on ebay last month, a top spec Marin. Done about 120
    miles in 4 separate rides, mostly on the rough stuff thru' the Chiltern bridleways. However, I've
    noticed I seem to be a tad faster on the road bike since. Is this because I need to use extreme
    amounts of energy to climb so of those "them there hillls". My HRM said I had put in nearly 3 times
    the "effort" for a 35 mile MTB ride agaist a 37 mile road ride! It ceratinly makes a change, so
    hopefully I'll be challenging Lance next year (providing of course, he has a lead frame bike, both
    feet tied together, only 1 very low gear, no team, no food and has a generally bad time; I just
    might keep up then).

    Back to the real world, Niv.

  13. Simon Proven

    Simon Proven Guest

    wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX wrote:
    >>I think perhaps we need sub-groups, though.
    >

    > There's submarines powered by cyclists nowadays? How quaint!

    Don't make me laugh. My hernia might come back!

    Simon

  14. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    Simon Proven wrote:

    > Don't make me laugh. My hernia might come back!

    A genuinely side splitting joke then ;-)

    Tony

    --
    "If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything." Mark Twain

  15. daxyboy

    daxyboy New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 22, 2003
    Not as much as i should, i'd like to do more... (dont we all)

    Was anyone at the "lomond shores" open mountain bike race last Saturday??