Cyclingforums.com: Best All-time Quotes/Posts/Threads

Crankyfeet

Jun 5, 2007
TDL made a good link to a great thread from the past in Bro's "Other Forum Follies" thread. I thought starting a thread of links to favorite posts or threads from Cyclingforums's many-chaptered history might be fun.

Without doing much research... one that springs to mind was Helmut's post re. DPF owner Vaughn Trevi (VrT) in the Bobke Sees the Light: Hallelujah thread.

Please add favorite links of your own...

Frigo's Luggage said:
That may be the all-time classic thread...
notworthy.gif

So far Helmut and his aliases are three for three.

And while we are on the subject of classic Bro Deal posts and Floyd Landis...Here's a recent post, that I really liked (in the Bike Cafe) in response to an allegation by alienator that the GT forum "clique" were prejudiced against Floyd.

And the FID is over 7000 posts, but there isn't too much conflict going on in there. We did have Flyer return after his third banning... this time as Polytheme.boost. Edie was ready and waiting though. This is my favorite post so far from the FID thread.

Crankyfeet said:
notworthy.gif

Martin Jackson-work of genius. We all recognize that.

Gregers said:
That dhk crackpot sounds amazingly like Bro himself on one of his excellent, deep penetration missions.
I read it again with that in mind.. and yeah.. it does sound like Bro in espionage mode...:)

Problem is I remember vaguely some great posts... but darned if I can find them now. There was some great ones by you Gregers around April/May/June last year where you just nailed some guys in doping related threads. There are a few posts of TFF's that I almost split my sides laughing. There's one by Frigo... actually I think I can find that one. But most of them are like trying to find a contact lens in a swimming pool now.

Here's that hilarious post of Frigo's from the Bobke sees the light: hallelujah! thread (which basically became a home base for covert operations at DPF :p ).

Frigo is infuriated that his DPF post has been moderated because of vulgarity.

Bro Deal said:
Here's two long ones on the same subject. A stealth spammer was pimping his goods while pretending to be a regular member. It takes about three pages for people to start to catch on, and then it gets funnier and funnier as spammer digs the hole deeper while denying what he is doing.

http://www.cyclingforums.com/t369769.html

http://www.cyclingforums.com/t371493.html
Just went through the first thread, and half-way through the second. There SHOULD be some way to nail these characters and send them somewhere they cannot cheat people. It is one thing to just spam a forum advertising something, and another to actually cheat people of thousands of $$. But boy, you guys are awesome! No wonder, you sent jamesbikerblog packing off so fast!

Crankyfeet said:
notworthy.gif

I could never recreate anything close to that. I've tried a couple times, but that's my magnum opus. I'm a one-hit wonder on an obscure forum that follows an obscure sport. I know a little of how Carl Douglas feels.

Hoo, hoo, hoo, hoooooo.

helmutRoole2 said:
I could never recreate anything close to that. I've tried a couple times, but that's my magnum opus. I'm a one-hit wonder on an obscure forum that follows an obscure sport. I know a little of how Carl Douglas feels.

Hoo, hoo, hoo, hoooooo.
Great thread there helmut. I especially like the reference to being the voice over for Spock (actually Charlie Murphy). That was an entertaining 15 minutes of reading. BRAVO!

helmutRoole2 said:

Hoo, hoo, hoo, hoooooo.

Carl Douglas!
Haven't heard of him for years.........

"everbody was kung fo fightin'............................"