Cyclingforums.com: Best All-time Quotes/Posts/Threads

Bro Deal said:
Meanwhile back at the sheriff's office, Tom opens the weapons locker. The door to the office swings open and in walks deputy Jackson, a lanky black man who handles the county's minor cases. He notices what Tom is doing and asks, "What's up, Brick?"

"Help me out, Jack. Grab everything that kills." The sheriff then fills Jackson in on what he knows as the two of them load ammunition into their guns.

"We have to get out the the McAussie farm," the sheriff tells his deputy. "Lorena is out there helping old man McAussie patch up his fences."

"I gotta be honest here, Tom, " the Jackson says. "I'm am leery of going out there. These situations often work out for you white folks, but it always seems like the one black man is the first one to get it."

"Be positive, Jack. With the fitness and healthy eating sweeping the country, it's us white meat mofos who should be worried."

"Tell that to the emus," Jackson retorts.

They finish collecting their weapons. The sheriff tells his deputy, "It's time to cowboy up. Let's go." They leave the building, fill the back seat of the sheriff's partol car with extra guns and ammo, then head out to McAussie's farm.
<The Sheriff and Jackson are in the car... the Sheriff driving>

Jackson: So Brick... you know what the funniest thing about Canada is?"

Sheriff: What?

Jackson: It's the little differences. I mean they got the same **** over there that they got here, but it's just, just there it's a little different.

Sheriff: Example

Jackson: Well they stick gravy on their french fries. Except they don't call it "gravy on my fries". It's metric there. They call it "poutine" <pronounced pooh-tin>. But in Montreal...you gotta make sure you don't say it like "pooh-tain" when you ask for it. Cause in french... that means prostitute.

Sheriff: Thanks for that Jack. I'll have to remember that its "pooh-tain" so I don't end up with gravy soaked fries.

Jackson: Why is Lorena helping McAussie with his fence...isn't that dangerous?

Sheriff: I told her to do it. It's part of my plan. Lorena doesn't know it... but I rubbed her jacket with the scent of the dead emus and the decapitated head of the dog. I'm using her as a decoy.

Jackson: Isn't that a bit rough on Lorena?... She's really nice.

Sheriff: I thought you'd be happy Jack. I mean you're black, black Jack <the Sheriff laughs>, have hardly any character development in this story, and you're making your first appearance as we hightail it towards the scary flesh-eating beasts. I thought you'd be pleased that Lorena was the one reeking of emu and dog carcass.

Jackson: That Blackjack joke was a little offensive, Brick. And by the way, that's not what your wife calls me.

<The sheriff's mobile phone rings>

Sheriff: <answering the phone> Aha... look don't worry dear... she's probably just stayed the night with one of her friends. <pause> I love you too.

Jackson: Who was that?

Sheriff: That was my wife... She's just worried that our daughter hasn't come home yet.

Jackson: Emily?

Sheriff: No... Jessica

<at the McAussie property... Lorena and McAussie are working on the fence>

Lorena: Why is it just me that has to dig all these new post holes? Why can't you help?

McAussie: I'm doing the hard job Lorena, I'm standing watch and perhaps saving us from death if those beasts decide to come back.

Lorena: Do you think they'll attack us in daylight?

McAussie: They have attacked my emus in broad daylight... so I don't think they're just nocturnal. Not meaning to be rude or anything, but have you showered and changed since last night?

Lorena: Yeah... I thought that smell was you?

McAussie: I don't think it's me <smelling his arm... then takes a whiff of Lorena> Ew-ugh! Crikey Sheila... you smell like you slept with my emus last night!

Lorena: I'm sorry... I have had a bit of a body odor problem for a while.

<back in the Sheriff's patrol car... there is a call on the police radio from the station>

Police Radio: We got a 13-4 at 140 Grayson. Some evidence present. No sign of the perps.

Sheriff: Right, we're on it Little Feather... We're about 15 minutes away... Over

<The Sheriff executes a quick 180 and speeds off back to town>

Jackson: Gee... I hope that isn't the trolls... that would mean they have tasted human flesh.<pause... Sheriff looks visibly shaken> What's up Brick?

Sheriff: Jessica's friend lives at 140 Grayson.

<Sheriff Tom Brickland and Deputy Jackson screech to a stop outside 140 Grayson and run inside... some police are already at the scene>

Sheriff: Whadda we got Edwards...

Edwards: At least two bodies, Sir. One young male... we have found only his head... and some other body parts which look like they come from at least one girl. We found a clump of female hair.

Sheriff: What color?

Edwards: Blonde sir

Sheriff: Well that's a small relief... Jessica's is brunette.

Edwards: Your daughter - Jessica, Sir?

Sheriff: Don't worry about it. Looks like two teenagers were having sex in the hot tub. They were doomed. Where did you find the hair?

Edwards: It seems the girl ran inside and up the staircase sir. Looks like she got trapped and was attacked near the top of the stairs.

Sheriff: Don't these kids ever watch films?? You never run up the frickin' staircase... especially if you're blonde.

Edwards: It's going to be hard to identify the body.

Sheriff: Don't worry, I think I know who it is... Tiffany Blake

Edwards: Wow that's a coincidence sir... that's the same surname as the owners of the house.

Sheriff: It's the daughter of the owners of the house, stupid. Where are the parents?

Edwards: We think they're away on a weekend vacation. The pool maintenance guy discovered the scene sir.

Sheriff: I still haven't located Jessica... I've just gotta believe she's alright. If Mayor Conley doesn't respond to this and call off the Parade, then we're going to be building up some incredible tension between myself and the Mayor. Any idea yet on who or what did this?

Edwards: We have a partial footprint in the blood sir, It's hard to make out any detail, but we think the killer is barefoot and would normally wear a size 23 shoe. I'm just gunna go out on a limb here sir, but I have a hunch Shaq O'Neal did it sir.

<Sheriff stares incredulously at Officer Edwards>

Sheriff: Edwards... despite a size 23 foot being quite rare, it frickin' well aint Shaq!... Okay!... It isn't even human... They aren't even human... The trolls are eating humans! No one is safe! <turns to Jackson> Oh my god... Lorena!!

The Vicious Invasion of the Trolls Act 2

The story reverts here back to literary form (the screenplay style was easier but caused a mellowing of interest it seemed)

The Blake residence at 140 Grayson is a crime scene. Who knows exactly what transpired? As yet only two partial bodies have seemingly been recovered. Or was it three? Jessica surely didn’t escape. Someone had met their peril at the hot tub, and it wasn’t Tiffany or Rollo. Sheriff Tom Brickland has turned to Deputy Jackson,

“Come on Jack, we’ve got to get to Lorena fast… Edwards, you come too… we’re going to need all the firepower we can muster”

Edwards replies in a sheepish tone, “Sir, you can take my revolver then, my niece has a piano recital tonight and I was hoping that….”

“You’re coming with us!” Tom interjects, “We don’t need guns… we need fingers on triggers”

The men walk briskly to the Sheriff’s patrol car and climb in, Edwards speaks again, sheepishly,

“Sir, there’s no room in the back here… there are guns all over the back seat.”

“Well, sit on top of them… and hurry we haven’t got time!” the Sheriff commands.

Edwards is persistent, “Sir, you don’t understand, I have megahoplophobia sir… it’s a fear of big guns sir… Can’t Jackson sit in the back sir?”

Jackson cuts in “Hey this is my seat!… And there’s not enough leg room in the back for me”

Tom Brickland’s patience is wearing thin… “Edwards, how the **** have you carried a revolver for three years if you’re afraid of frickin’ guns??!!”

“It’s only the big ones sir, you know, with the long barrels… You see my dad had this gun cabinet when I was young and…”

“Take the other ****ing car!!” the Sheriff explodes.

Edwards is not reading the situation well, “Sir the men will need the other car because they are going to Don's Donuts and then drinks at O’Reilly’s for Swanson’s birthday…”

“Get in the ****ing trunk!!”

“Yes Sir”

Edwards hops in the trunk and they speed off, Jackson is the first to talk,

“Brick, you sure he’s going to be alright back there...”

“No… but what’s the worst thing that can happen… he dies right… I can handle that scenario at the moment”, Brick continues, “I’m more worried about what he’s going to smell like… I forgot to dispose of that dog’s head and emu parts from last night and they’re in a sack in there with him.”

The sheriff takes out his cell phone and calls his wife while speeding to the farm,

“Hi honey… Have you found Jessica yet?… Well don’t worry, I’m sure she’s alright, remember that time we couldn’t locate her for two days after the Prom and it turned out that she just stayed with her best friend and forgot to call us. Everything’s going to be fine. I might be a little late tonight because I have to go out to McAussie’s farm. Please lock the doors and windows. See you later… love you…”

He presses another speed dial,

“Hi… can I speak to the Mayor please… Its Tom Brickland…. Uh-huh… I’ll try him on his mobile”

Brickland starts to dial another number as he mutters to Jack, “The town is facing an invasion of ancient man-eating beasts and the Mayor has decided to take the afternoon off”…. He waits for an answer.

After several rings… a female voice answers “Hello…” The mayor can be heard from a slight distance at first “Here, give me that… This is Mayor Conley”

“Who was that Dave?” Tom quizzes the Mayor.

“Ahh… That’s just my assistant Monica… we’re in the middle of a meeting in my office with a group of people”

“Dave… I just rang your office and they told me you took the afternoon off.”

“Well when I said my office… I was referring to my other office… Anyway… What is it!!??” the Mayor snaps, hoping that a little impatience may halt the flow of questions.

“Sir it looks like the beasts have murdered some kids sir… We need to call off the weekend festivities”

The Mayor is resilient, ”How can you be sure they were killed by beasts… mightn’t it have just been a serial murderer?”

“Would that make a difference?”, asks Tom

The Mayor responds, “Well yeah of course… There are people killed all over America all the time… murder smurder… it’s not something to make a big hullabaloo about and get people scared unnecessarily by making panic decisions like calling off our Annual Parade”

“Dave… this is ridiculous… You’ve gotta call it off”

“Tom, I think you should just do your job… And I’ll do mine, okay?”, The Mayor continues, “Maybe we should meet in half an hour and have a drink and talk about this”

“I won’t be able to do that Dave… I’m currently speeding out to the McAussie farm … I think Lorena and McAussie are in danger”

“Lorena Ticksley?” the Mayor prompts.

“Yes Dave… she is in mortal danger I sense... And I can't call her... you can't pick up a phone signal at McAussie's farm.”

There is some whispering in the background, and the Mayor comes back, “Look Tom, Monica has told me that Lorena is her best friend and she’s worried. Lorena is also an acquaintance of mine. Anyway, I think I want to go out there as well. I just can’t believe all this **** about Shrek and his friends rampaging through the town eating animals and people… I think I need to bring some sanity to this situation”

“Well Dave if you’re coming out, can you pick up Little Feather from the station?”

“Why do you need a little feather from the station?” The Mayor asks in a confused tone.

“No… our dispatcher, Dave… Little Feather… Chief Running Horse’s daughter”. The Sheriff continues, “I have a sense that she may be useful”

“Okay… I’ll see you out there in half an hour.” The mayor concludes, ending the call.

Frigo's Luggage said:
I haven't read any of this yet. I think I'm going to have to block out some time to do it before Het Volk.
Remember back when you thought we were boring?? :p And you were counting the days til Het Volk....

Oh. I didn't think you folks were that boring. Those posts were completely misinterpreted. If I was bored I would have been on to something else.

Frigo's Luggage said:
Oh. I didn't think you folks were that boring. Those posts were completely misinterpreted. If I was bored I would have been on to something else.
Awww...thanks Frigo...I for one wasn't bored, but no way of knowing how nauseating it could possibly have been to others... LOL... :D

Crankyfeet said:
This is turning into FID 2
I will post plot lines and twists at some point, but right now, things are really busy here and I just don't have too much time to put in. Sorry.

BTW, that Jeff Vader guy has turned out to be quite intelligent.

thoughtforfood said:
I will post plot lines and twists at some point, but right now, things are really busy here and I just don't have too much time to put in. Sorry.

BTW, that Jeff Vader guy has turned out to be quite intelligent.
No worries TFF... it could be a never ending story... who knows? Hope your in-file recedes... :eek:

Your input and imagination you bring to the story are really valuable. I really farked up with that hot tub ripple misunderstanding as I was alluding to the Spielberg/Jurassic Park ripple in a glass effect... so that's where the misunderstanding stemmed from.

I knew who Jeff Vader was from the start... my posts about him being dumb were placed in an attempt to throw paceline lurkers off the trail... ;)

thoughtforfood said:
I will post plot lines and twists at some point, but right now, things are really busy here and I just don't have too much time to put in. .
Yeah...it's basketball season, for Pete's sake...

Vicious Invasion of the Trolls - Act 3

The football team at Paceline High have always been good but this year they’re especially good. Brian Eldrick is easily the best wide receiver in the County and quarterback Nate Dresden is probably the best as well. Mark Jenson has been piling on the yards as a running back. Practice for the team (and the cheerleaders nearby) has finished and the guys are talking.

“Brian, have you got those joints?” asks Nate

“Yeah…you think we should ask them”

“Are you serious?” Nate gestures rhetorically, “This is it man, I’ve been staring at Tanya all practice"

“Okay, we should get Mark and Will … I know a spot where it will be real private, like” Brian grins

Nate finishes “I’m going to go over and ask the girls… you round up the guys”

Brian gets the other two guys as Nate returns…”Well amigos… the maestro has herded the chicks… we are ready for take-off”.

“Alrighhhhht... Dude!!…” Mark infuses with a smile.

Nate instructs “Just start throwing the ball around and we'll gradually cruise over to the gate on the far side. The girls should be waiting for us”.

The guys begin their jaunt to the far side of the field where a group of four cheergirls are waiting by the gate.

Nate, approaching the girls, speaks first “Hey…Cool… Brian’s got the weed… let’s find some space”

The girls are smiling and fall into line with the guys as they walk through the far gate and onto a trail leading into the woods next to the field.

One of the girls, Bronwyn, asks “Do you think anyone is going to notice we are gone?”

Nate replies “Nahh… they’ll just think we’ve driven home”

The trail became more overgrown in the twilight of late afternoon. Jolene quipped somewhat nervously, “Hey I hope you know where you’re going guys, cause this doesn’t look like people have been here a lot”

Brian answers “Don’t worry Joley… I came in here after practice last week… there’s a perfect spot up ahead”.

Chapter 4

Sheriff Brickland and Deputy Jackson are speeding towards the McAussie farm, siren blazing, as the police radio starts to crackle.

"Sheriff Brickland... this is Swanson... Do you copy? Over."

"This is Brickland... Go ahead Swanson... Over"

"Sir we've got an ID on the boy that was killed today... The Coroner has been able to identify him as Rollo Forchesi, Sir... an 18 year old cook. We have also found what seems to be the murder weapon which matches the victims neck injuries, Sir. It appears that his head was severed from his neck using... a cafeteria tray, Sir. Over"

"What... are you kidding me?... How the heck can you have your head cut off by a cafeteria tray" Brickland queries in astonishment.

"Well Sir, if you use the thin bit on the edge and hack at the person's neck... I think it's possible, Sir... Over"

"This is bizarre... keep me informed of updates... and Swanson... I haven't located my daughter, Jessica. I'd appreciate if you could start a search for her when you finish up your report... and Happy Birthday Swanson... Over"

"Thank you, Sir... Copy on the search... Over"

Jackson is curious, "Brick... Why would the trolls use a cafeteria tray to cut off the guy's head? How would they even get a tray?"

"I have no idea." The Sheriff answers Jack as he calls the Mayor on his cell...

"Dave...Its Tom Brickland... Is Little Feather there? Can you put her on please?"

Brickland waits a few seconds... then Little Feather takes the phone..."

"This is Little Feather"

"Little Feather... this is Sheriff Brickland... First of all I want to thank you for staying at your post... I know your father put a lot of pressure on you to leave"

"That's okay Sir... I couldn't leave while the town needs me"

"Well I need you right now to help me... Did your father tell you anything at all about these troll beasts... anything?"

"Yes Sir. He told me that long ago, our peoples lived beside the trolls and coexisted eating the same prey: the mastadons, bison, and giant sloths. When the food became scarce, the trolls would then prey on us. At first they only took the weak from our tribes... and only what they needed. But they became bolder, and gradually learnt that if they could kill us all or scare us away, then there was no competition to prey on their food. They signalled that they were going to slay us all by first killing a young warrior, decapitating him with a sharpened piece of slate, and impaling his headless body against the trunk of a young maple on the stump of a branch. They would also take a young squaw from the tribe and do terrible things to her, Sir, eventually sacrificing her to the moon God. Our people would flee as quickly as possible as it was useless fighting against these monstrous beasts. Our tribes people would gradually return when food was plentiful, but always wary of the pale sinister beasts that lived in the hills"

"Thanks Little Feather... that might be helpful... I'll see you at the McAussie farm"

Tom hangs up and speaks to Jack, "There is no slate left after the slate mine removed it all and closed down. That might explain why they used a tray instead.... I am guessing that the dead boy's body is impaled on some maple tree somewhere."

Crankyfeet said:
No worries TFF... it could be a never ending story... who knows? Hope your in-file recedes... :eek:

Your input and imagination you bring to the story are really valuable. I really farked up with that hot tub ripple misunderstanding as I was alluding to the Spielberg/Jurassic Park ripple in a glass effect... so that's where the misunderstanding stemmed from.

I knew who Jeff Vader was from the start... my posts about him being dumb were placed in an attempt to throw paceline lurkers off the trail... ;)
No, I knew you knew. I was just being facetious.