cyclingforums.com jersey????

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by ::dom::, Aug 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve Holloway

Steve Holloway New Member

I'm in for an XL... Hope these become a reality!

2. wyllisx2

wyllisx2 New Member

Sign me up for a medium, ok maybe a large haven't been riding much lately :eek:

3. lwedge

lwedge New Member

BUMP !

Which one have we decided on? And how is Steve going to pay for all of this ? We should at least buy him a beer.:D

Seriously, what's next ?

lw

4. NomadVW

NomadVW New Member

Stumbled on this, would love to have the bibs/jersey if it gets made.

5. thomas_cho

thomas_cho New Member

I would most interested in a XXL sized jersey. Really hope this happens.

6. scotty72

scotty72 New Member

Are these jerseys still a goer

I would be up for one.

SCotty

7. ieandro

ieandro New Member

8. mattjf

mattjf New Member

I'd love one too. How do they fit? I'm a L in some, XL in some.

-Matt

9. ::dom::

::dom:: New Member

Steve... anyone... I need a new jersey!!!!

10. Vino

Vino New Member

I'd be up for one.

11. vitamin s

vitamin s New Member

i just found this thread. are these still being made? i will buy a set guaranteed!

12. djrocker257

djrocker257 New Member

I would like to get one Jersey and bib. XL on the jersey, 38 on bib.

Doug

13. gravelmuncher

gravelmuncher New Member

1 Large jersey for me please. I already have 3 pairs of black Nalini bib's - great kit.

gm

14. gravelmuncher

gravelmuncher New Member

C'mon peeps - if this motion passes, it'll mean that we can get a piece of a TRUE origanal bit of kit.

HAMMER it !

gm

15. Piotr

Piotr New Member

I want, I want! I like the clean look of the white one, but so far I might be the only Small size here :eek:. I promise to wear it at races though. Yeah, I'm unattached. :D

Maybe be we ought to put "Limited Edition" on the first batch. ;)

16. vitamin s

vitamin s New Member

i feel bad for whoever is assumed responsible for making these happen. it will be a lot of work buying, printing, selling, collecting and most of all paying for them. is there anything i can do to help make this a reality?

17. dangerousbiker

dangerousbiker New Member

I guess the idea didnt work out?

18. ACP

ACP New Member

Is anyone getting this going? It is a cool idea... does anyone have any contacts in the bike kit game?

19. CJ Smith

CJ Smith New Member

Can someone lobby a bunch of computer affiliated kingpins to see if they would back us having their logo on a jersey. Google, Yahoo!, Microsoft, Apple... They might toss us a few bucks if we were willing to put their logo on say... both shoulders or on the front of the jersey just below both shoulders... This could decrease costs a bit.

You might also try asking the company making/printing the jersey if we put their logo on it could we receive a discount as well.

I read somewhere that the most noticeable color is that bright-a$$ tennis ball yellow adopted by fire trucks after, I would guess, the red paint became too expensive or something. Seriously, I was reading in a bike mag about the color yellow being the most highly visible color out there (It works in the Tour Day France).

Dom can you work with that?

You can see a decent QUICK shot of the back of my clubs jersey if you watch my youtube.com "Bike Across Florida 2007" video. Not that I am "plugging" my video, but in it you can see that the club jersey utilizes that bright yellow a bit, but not to the extent that it looks ridiculously "tennis ball-ish". The best shot is right at the beginning, although it is featured throughout the video which covers the entire 152 mile event.

MY quote has ALWAYS BEEN: "I wear things that are bright for those drivers that aren't." It still fails at times, which speaks volumes about those drivers, huh?!?!?!

20. ::dom::

::dom:: New Member

I don't think the problem is the price I think it's the logistics getting the job done... artwork, ordering, printing, payment and delivery. As a previous poster said it's a bit of a nightmare.

As to the colour I agree yellow is the most visible but don't confuse visibility with safety. Some motorists are attracted to bright shiny objects. BTW only one cyclist wears yellow at the Tour Day France.

I feel safety is as much about experience and confidence as it is about what colour you wear... this is a personal opinion and is not based on any statistics, facts or anything provable... I don't want to start a war in this (or any other) thread. The near-misses I've had were all when I was wearing a florescent yellow/green jersey, I usually wear black white or grey.

As far as the CF jerseys are concerned - I can produce finished artwork if I am supplied a pattern. There is a possibility that I could handle the manufacture as well but I would need to talk to my mate who runs a garment factory. We would need to work out how he receives payment etc. Shipping costs may be a little high, I live in Fiji, but the cost of the jersey would be lower than normal retail so it may balance out.

I would guess there would be a minimum order of say 50. The jerseys would be sublimated on to microtex. Would a cost of US$60-70 including delivery Worldwide be reasonable?

I've attached a pic of jerseys I had made for our club.

What say you all?

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.