cyclingforums.com jersey????

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's NFW i'd wear the name of ANY of those corporations on ANY part of my being.

Whoever does feel energetic enough to pull this off needs to figure out what it owe's THEM for the effort, and then tell US how much it's gonna be. Give us a month to put our order in, otherwise we're too late. When order's close, give us a week to pay (I'll trust one of the CF elders with my hard-earned) and if everyone does the right thing then everyone will be chuffed.

OK - so, if it's that easy why don't I volunteer to be THAT person I hear some of you ask ??
1) I'm in Aus and i'd get stuffed around for SURE
2) I'm in Aus and the exchange would be a pain
3) I'm in Aus and i'd likely take your money to the pub, get hurt arguing with some punter, be laid off work due to injuries sustained, and not be able to raise the money back to pay for the goods.

But my word is sound.

gm

I've just stumbled upon this thread. Top idea. And to think the thread all started with just 4 words. You have done well with the designs :dom: For my 2 bobs worth, the artwork is done. They look as good as anything else on the road. I also vote White. I'll put my name down for one as well when the time comes.
It's your lucky day though. I'm a Project Manager by trade, so if you need someone who is an absolute expert at delegation, yet in reality does absolutely stuff all, then I'm your man.

Russ Reynolds said:
Snip

.... if you need someone who is an absolute expert at delegation, yet in reality does absolutely stuff all, then I'm your man.

So, you're putting your hand up to get the jerseys produced or putting your had up to delegate the job to someone else...:D

Nah, just delegate. I'd get Powerful Pete to do the sewing, and Cycling Jedi to work out what size everyone is, and Lonnie Utah to do the deliveries and gravelmuncher to be the treasurer.
You and me can sit back and watch it all just fall into place. What a plan.

Well, I was on one of the original threads over on bikeforums, but it seemed it never got off the ground. I havent read thier subsequent threads on this, but I will support either one, and by one of each if they are both produced. So is this actually going to happen over here? Anyone know for sure?

Hey DOM et al,

What's the score with the kit? (It would appear we have enough interest in this to go ahead and get some made.) Have CF said okay to using the logo? Do you have a list of potential purchasers and the size requirements? What's the minimum order quantity? Has anyone got in touch with Nalini to work out exact pricing?

Someone suggested a deadline for orders - a good idea - mine's an XL in whatever colour you do (I like the blue best).

Cheers,

Wheelist

I love it when this idea grab's a bigger gear!

So many of us are keen. Some of us are willing to help make it happen.

Is there anything I can do?

gm

Hi, I own a screen printing shop and have delt with many web forums that had members from all over the world. I'd like to toss in my tow cents.

It can be a real nightmare when it comes to shipping, I think spent several hours dealing with customs forms alone. What we did is we shipped to trusted members in each country, they in turn would ship the orders for that country to reduce the amount of customs forms that had be done. For those who didn't trust anyone, we shipped directly to them.

Most larger shopping cart services can handle the money issue, as well as afford the international buyer some protection. The only down side with this is that it can take a while for money to clear from customers outside of Europe or North America.

When we handled the orders, we had everyone prepay; then we printed the product and shipped it. This made it so no one single person ont he forum had to front all of the money, or worry about someone not paying, etc.

All and all it is a large task, but it isn't all that hard. We have done it several times. Although, I'm sure shipping on jersey's is next to nothing considering they way alot less than a t-shirt or sweat shirt.

-Nate

Count me in as another interested in the blue or black jersey (medium) if this project is still up and running (assuming I have money when it happens).

If these do get made, wouldn't it be neat if near the bottom of the jersey, you could have your username for cyclingforums?

That would be pretty sweet. :D

I'm also on a bug-keeper forum, and I wanted to make a t-shirt with my username and avatar so people at conventions recognize me.

Cycler6n said:
If these do get made, wouldn't it be neat if near the bottom of the jersey, you could have your username for cyclingforums?
This could be done. It would be more practical to have the name on the back pocket... but very possible.

yeah, it'd be great if these started getting made. do you think that you would have to specially order it with your name on it, or have an account to buy one?

Okay, a few questions....

1. IF these were made, would people want knicks and jersey?

2. IF these were made, which design would be most popular? (see page 1 on this thread...)

3. IF these were made, would you want anything else (design wise) on the jersey and knicks?

4. IF these were made, what would be a reasonable price to pay? (In $AUD)

5. Is this okay with cyclingforums?

Thanks......

The impression from Steve in an earlier post was yes, it was okay with Cyclingforums.com. Since no one else ever came up with a competing design, I think the design is set and it's just a matter of color selection.

Mostly because I really want one of these, I suppose I could take up the ordering/coordination. I have a web server I could toss together a order form on with security (https://cycleanywhere.com) and I could just make the ordering process available through Paypal once a cost has been done and item selection is available.

Seems the consensus is with Nalini outfit, and if someone has a point of contact with them already it would certainly speed things up. If I don't hear any negatives in the next week, I'll toss up a poll post for color selection and get moving with Nalini.

VW

well we got the go ahead but is someone working on it?...I could use a full set of riding clothes...and seeing as how we would be buying in bulk we might be able to save some cash...

http://www.nalini.com/ ...here's their phone number...but I gonna guess their english will be spotty at best...I'll look around for their USA distributor

http://www.albabici.com/ ...here's an english speaking distributor that I am sure could point someone inthe right direction...

how much are these gonna be to buy? Are these gonna be bibs and jerseys? What sizes? What compnay is producing them? What materials? When are they gonna be made?:confused:

Okay! I have received some quotes from some Australian companies who would be willing to make these for us.... but if NomadVW can do better than that is fine.
Early indications from the few companies that have replied is that we would be looking at around $75 AUD for the jersey and the same for the knicks.

Does this seem xpensive or okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.