Cyclingnews and Velonews live servers



K

K. Gringioni

Guest
Dumbasses -


Let me say that they both suck (the servers).
 
V

vernon

Guest
I'll second (...third....fourth...) that. Demand has shut down both sites
for a while. Maybe they'll get their act together by stage 13 or so.
here's hoping..
"K. Gringioni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Dumbasses -
>
>
> Let me say that they both suck (the servers).
 
D

Daremo

Guest
Totally ........ I stayed with CN until the end, but they have nothing
more than the top three before the server kept shutting me off.

At least I got to follow the race as they posted the commentary .......



--
 
C

Chris

Guest
"K. Gringioni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Dumbasses -
>
>
> Let me say that they both suck (the servers).


Not enough capacity for the demand means they suck? More like poor planning
since this happens every damn year.
 
S

Sierraman

Guest
"Chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>
> "K. Gringioni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > Dumbasses -
> >
> >
> > Let me say that they both suck (the servers).

>
> Not enough capacity for the demand means they suck? More like poor

planning
> since this happens every damn year.


They could fork over the doe for extra pipes in July if they wanted but
since it's pricey, I think not. Several T3's would do or how about OC-12 or
even 48 surely would be enough. No that's big bucks! I wonder how many gigs
outgoing they run a day now? They are pretty efficient since they don't
offer video clips or fancy flash screens. I like their down and dirty
homepage.
 
G

Gary

Guest
I was able to get the Eurosport ticker just fine whent he others started
to lag. Also, OLNTV.com has a ticker that worked pretty well.

Chris wrote:
> "K. Gringioni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>
>>Dumbasses -
>>
>>
>>Let me say that they both suck (the servers).

>
>
> Not enough capacity for the demand means they suck? More like poor planning
> since this happens every damn year.
>
>
 
J

Jeff Jones

Guest
We've fixed it now and it should be the same speed as the Giro pages, which
were quite efficient.

Jeff
 
L

logarto

Guest
Gary <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I was able to get the Eurosport ticker just fine whent he others started
> to lag. Also, OLNTV.com has a ticker that worked pretty well.
>

As dore the New York Times. (Free registration required.) I haven't
checked it out during crunch time because I haven't been shut out of
cyclingnews yet.

With Velonews servers right up the road (just did a traceroute) I'm
getting shut out in the last half hour more often than I'm getting the
ticker.
 
R

Richard Adams

Guest
Daremo <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Totally ........ I stayed with CN until the end, but they have nothing
> more than the top three before the server kept shutting me off.
>
> At least I got to follow the race as they posted the commentary .......



Darn.

That must mean Cycling is becoming a mainstream sport, not just
enjoyed by us elitist snobs.

Where's that copy of OSQ...
 
M

Mike Jacoubowsky/Chain Reaction Bicycles

Guest
> We've fixed it now and it should be the same speed as the Giro pages,
which
> were quite efficient.
>
> Jeff


Too bad it's not easy making enough money to do really big upgrades when
you're offering a *FREE* service to people...

Another way of looking at it might be: Where are all these people the rest
of the year? If they were doing such heavy numbers at times other than the
'Tour, ad revenue might be outasight!

I admire your patience. Keep up the great work.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
IMBA, BikesBelong, NBDA member
 
H

Howard Kveck

Guest
In article <[email protected]>, "Sierraman" <[email protected]>
wrote:

> "Chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> >
> > "K. Gringioni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > > Dumbasses -
> > >
> > >
> > > Let me say that they both suck (the servers).

> >
> > Not enough capacity for the demand means they suck? More like poor

> planning
> > since this happens every damn year.

>
> They could fork over the doe for extra pipes in July


That would cost them deerly.

--
tanx,
Howard

"The fickleness of fame and fortune's caprice
Together changed the life of Mason Reese"
Alice Donut

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
 
H

Howard Kveck

Guest
In article <[email protected]>,
"Jeff Jones" <[email protected]> wrote:

> We've fixed it now and it should be the same speed as the Giro pages, which
> were quite efficient.
>
> Jeff
>
>


Much appreciated, Jeff.

--
tanx,
Howard

"The fickleness of fame and fortune's caprice
Together changed the life of Mason Reese"
Alice Donut

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
 
S

Stewart Fleming

Guest
Howard Kveck wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>, "Sierraman" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>
>>"Chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]
>>
>>>"K. Gringioni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>news:[email protected]
>>>
>>>>Dumbasses -
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>Let me say that they both suck (the servers).
>>>
>>>Not enough capacity for the demand means they suck? More like poor

>>
>>planning
>>
>>>since this happens every damn year.

>>
>>They could fork over the doe for extra pipes in July

>
>
> That would cost them deerly.
>


Several hundred thousand bucks.