Cyclingnews.Com

chris II wrote:

> yep and i chuckled you?

Mission accomplished then.

John, who's tempted to run some of the emails we got today in the next letters page, but will spare
the blushes of the 'caught'

John Stevenson wrote:

> John, who's tempted to run some of the emails we got today in the next letters page, but will
> spare the blushes of the 'caught'

Odd, since it looked like the source of many of those hoaxes came from this newsgroup. Especially
the white shorts. STF

In article <[email protected]>, Stewart Fleming
<[email protected]> wrote:

> John Stevenson wrote:
>
> > John, who's tempted to run some of the emails we got today in the next letters page, but will
> > spare the blushes of the 'caught'
>
> Odd, since it looked like the source of many of those hoaxes came from this newsgroup. Especially
> the white shorts. STF

I didn't pay much attention to the EU expansion ... and the white shorts bit got me. I didn't fully
realize it was a joke until I hit the Pantani story.

So I got hooked.

pax est libertas servitus est ignoratio vis est

The race is on. P/1/2/3, cat 3, cat 4, women 1-2-3 and women 4. Sunday May 11 2003. Details to
follow soon. Tough. Beautiful. Pass it on.

JT

NB: reply-to address is munged

Visit http://www.jt10000.com

"Steven L. Sheffield" wrote:

> and the white shorts bit got me
>
> So I got hooked.

me too. & the time difference between cyclingnews.com and where i live messes me up every year.

heather

In article <[email protected]>, Stewart Fleming
<[email protected]> wrote:

The one that got me was Pantani's ears. The white shorts actually sounded plausible for a second.

I remember years ago, a standup routine by david brenner where he described practical jokes he and
his friends used to do. He worked at the morgue of the Philadelphia Inquirer and would take out
copies from years earlier, which looked nice and new because of course they're preserved. He'd take
one on the bus and sit down and open it, and everyone would see headlines like "Germany Bombs
London". LOL. Stuff like that cracks me up- mixed nuts with the snake in it, the broom in the face,
the rake in the eye...hahah.

Speaking of which, anyone have a three stooges jersey from Revi? I got a couple of them. They get a
lot of amused looks.

Marlene Blanshay wrote:

> Speaking of which, anyone have a three stooges jersey from Revi? I got a couple of them. They get
> a lot of amused looks.

There's a Stooges special on NBC tonight (4-1)

On Tue, 01 Apr 2003 11:43:53 -0800, Jay Hill <[email protected]> wrote:

>Marlene Blanshay wrote:
>>
>> Speaking of which, anyone have a three stooges jersey from Revi? I got a couple of them. They get
>> a lot of amused looks.
>
>There's a Stooges special on NBC tonight (4-1)

Liked this one on official SCU website

http://www.scuonline.org/newsdetail.asp?Nid=157&DID=8

"When the rider reaches the paddock the bike is plugged into a lap-top and the exact suspension
travel, compression, and extension is downloaded into a special programme that creates an equal but
opposite suspension setting."

Cheers! Stephen

"Stewart Fleming" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> John Stevenson wrote:
>
> > John, who's tempted to run some of the emails we got today in the next letters page, but will
> > spare the blushes of the 'caught'
>
> Odd, since it looked like the source of many of those hoaxes came from this newsgroup. Especially
> the white shorts. STF

Trust me, the white shorts issue was being debated by us in the office long before we read it on
RBR. Team Freewheel was partly RBR inspired,and partly inspired by a press release we got from the
Hoogivsadam team.

cheers, Jeff

In article <[email protected]>, Jay Hill <[email protected]> wrote:

> Marlene Blanshay wrote:
> >
> > Speaking of which, anyone have a three stooges jersey from Revi? I got a couple of them. They
> > get a lot of amused looks.
>
> There's a Stooges special on NBC tonight (4-1)

yeah, that's what made me think about it. I guess the special is timed for April Fools, duhhhh... a
whole hour of rake in the eye, brooms in the face, and tongues being pulled with pliers! Sounds
great to me.

Two of my friends glanced through the April 1 special edition, and didn't detect the jokes.
Apparently, they weren't the only ones. Gotta love the skewering of Pantani by the racing website of
record. Greg Miller

The Belgian tradition is to mix one hoax with the real news. The utterly serious and boring
financial news channel Kanaal Z saw Davitamon producer Marc Coucke on the hometrainer, preparing the
Ronde as the QSD team is troubled by infections. Lefevere assessed his chances. Actually it looked
more like a sham add when Coucke took some of his red pills.

On Wed, 02 Apr 2003 17:25:36 GMT, Bart wrote:
>The Belgian tradition is to mix one hoax with the real news.

As indeed here in Holland. The Jeugdjournaal (tv news for youth) always has a good one. Now it was
prime minister JP Balkenende announcing (in person) he would play Harry Potter's father in the
next movie.

Sorry, not cycling related.

A reminder about the Bear Mountain Spring Classic at Harriman State Park in New York on Sunday, May
11 -- the race is pre-registration only -- see the flier at www.crca.net/races03/harriman.htm or
visit http://www.bikereg.com/races/register.asp?EventID=846 to sign-up.

Category 3 men should hurry -- their race is likely to fill soon. The men's 4 race is full.

Also, the women's 4 race is now part of the New Jersey Women's Category 4 Developmental Series

For general questions about the race, contact [email protected].

Thanks,

John Tomlinson Century Road Club Association

How come no Masters 35+ category?

[email protected] (John Forrest Tomlinson) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> A reminder about the Bear Mountain Spring Classic at Harriman State Park in New York on Sunday,
> May 11 -- the race is pre-registration only -- see the flier at www.crca.net/races03/harriman.htm
> or visit http://www.bikereg.com/races/register.asp?EventID=846 to sign-up.
>
> Category 3 men should hurry -- their race is likely to fill soon. The men's 4 race is full.
>
> Also, the women's 4 race is now part of the New Jersey Women's Category 4 Developmental Series
>
> For general questions about the race, contact [email protected].
>
> Thanks,
>
> John Tomlinson Century Road Club Association

[email protected] (Jonas) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> How come no Masters 35+ category?

For safety and control, the Park asked us to limit the race to four fields (we sort of have five in
the women's 1-2-3 and 4, but they are combined).

JT