cyclingpeaks clarification

the holster

Sep 20, 2005
a couple times i have had differing NP values for a ride. when i look at the MMP for a particular ride it'll say for example NP60min 370 NP20min 405. but then i'll look at the ride file and it'll say NP60min 320 NP20min 380. which one is mroe likely the correct NP.

I posted about this about 2 days ago under "CP Graph anomalies"- some explanations were given there.

the holster said:
a couple times i have had differing NP values for a ride. when i look at the MMP for a particular ride it'll say for example NP60min 370 NP20min 405. but then i'll look at the ride file and it'll say NP60min 320 NP20min 380. which one is mroe likely the correct NP.
How would you find the NP60 in the ride file? What it finds is the AP60 and also reports the NP for that selection - not for the peak NP60. - TF

if you want to find the max 60min NP, you can 1) create an MMP graph of NP for that ride(in the journal page of that ride) and hover over 60min, or 2) create a periodic chart on your athlete home page and include 60min NP and use 1 day per point, then look and the point for that day's ride.

Terry Ferguson said:
How would you find the NP60 in the ride file? What it finds is the AP60 and also reports the NP for that selection - not for the peak NP60. - TF

Terry is totally right on this one.
the Peak 60 is BEST AP, but just the corresponding NP60. That NP60 does NOT always mean it's the BEST NP60.

Hunter