CyclingPeaks on a Mac with Parallels

grahamspringett

Feb 26, 2004
I have a 14-day trial on Cycling Peaks t o try on my Intel iMac using Parallels. The software works fine, but I have no idea how to make it see my PowerTap USB download cradle.

I have it set to COM1, but there is no mention of USB.

Anybody out there woorking successfully with CyclingPeaks under emulation on an Intel Mac, or am I stuck with Power Agent?

Or is there a native Mac version of Cycling Peaks coming?

grahamspringett said:
I have a 14-day trial on Cycling Peaks t o try on my Intel iMac using Parallels. The software works fine, but I have no idea how to make it see my PowerTap USB download cradle.

I have it set to COM1, but there is no mention of USB.

Anybody out there woorking successfully with CyclingPeaks under emulation on an Intel Mac, or am I stuck with Power Agent?

Or is there a native Mac version of Cycling Peaks coming?
it works fine for me...make sure you have the right com port selected in WKO+, then make sure the USB in parallels is enabled for the Serial-->USB device.

Success! Thanks guys. Now I gotta set my zones - it lets me set the lower end of the zones but doesn't seem to allow overlap like Ric Stern's levels do. Is this something I can alter, or does the program only allow one zone to start where another ends? I imagine that to be the case, it must be hard to calculate stuff if a power figure falls in 2 zones simultaneously.

grahamspringett said:
Success! Thanks guys. Now I gotta set my zones - it lets me set the lower end of the zones but doesn't seem to allow overlap like Ric Stern's levels do. Is this something I can alter, or does the program only allow one zone to start where another ends? I imagine that to be the case, it must be hard to calculate stuff if a power figure falls in 2 zones simultaneously.
The power levels are discrete in CP.

The distribution chart showing time in zone can be fairly misleading if read out of context. e.g. it is easy to rack up significant time in "VO2 Max" without ever eliciting a VO2 Max response. All you need is a rolling course with 30sec-1min hills.

There was an attempt to incorporate Ric's MAP based levels into CP but the mistake was to use the same entry number to set both FTP and the power levels. That works if power levels are set by FTP but in Ric's case they are set relative to MAP. Using a MAP number for power level calcs then threw out all the TSS calcs. It was unfortunately abandoned as a value add.