CyclingPeaks Version 2.0!

Hunter w/kg

Jul 4, 2003
www.CyclingPeaksSoftware.com

Yes, it’s true! We have been working hard and have it ready for you!

Made for all of our loyal customers, we have listened to your requests for new features
and know you’ll enjoy!

-Improved Calendar- Filter your workouts in your Calendar now!

-Power Profiling ! Click a button, see your Power Profile!
-Chalkboard- View your custom charts for subsets of data. Want to see charts just for your 2x 20’s? Now you can in the Chalkboard.
- Manual Entry- Enter in your TSS scores for days you didnb t use your PM.
-Overlap Mean Maximal Power Curves
-Printing!
- GPS support- Directly download your Garmin device and view in Google Earth.

I hope this helps you take your training and racing with a power meter to another level.
Enjoy Version 2.0 !

Feel free to contact us with any questions support AT cyclingpeakssoftware.com

Hunter Allen
President
CyclingPeaks Software

Cool! I just saw the updated website, but thought that maybe I was just behind the times a bit, and that I was looking at the USB-compatible update that was released a little while back.

Some of the new features look pretty nice. Is there a special upgrade price for current CP users?

And.... I'm afraid to ask this since I didn't see it listed among the features, but does CP 2.0 include the Training Manager performance predicting algorithm that Andy's been teasing for nearly a year? :eek:

frenchyge said:
Is there a special upgrade price for current CP users?
If you click on the "Buy It Now" tab, you get the full price list. Looks like the upgrade price is discounted ~50%.

frenchyge said:
Cool! I just saw the updated website, but thought that maybe I was just behind the times a bit, and that I was looking at the USB-compatible update that was released a little while back.

Some of the new features look pretty nice. Is there a special upgrade price for current CP users?

And.... I'm afraid to ask this since I didn't see it listed among the features, but does CP 2.0 include the Training Manager performance predicting algorithm that Andy's been teasing for nearly a year? :eek:

Yes, we have a special upgrade price for our current users!

Training Manager isn't in there. CyclingPeaks is a 'post-analysis' package. Look for Training Manager soon though.
And.... for those that upgrade to 2.0, ability to see the Training Manager chart in CyclingPeaks -post workouts-, just won't have the predictive stuff.

Hunter

I am very unhappy with Cycling Peaks v2.0 and so have just uninstalled it from my computer.

Tri Tigger said:
I am very unhappy with Cycling Peaks v2.0 and so have just uninstalled it from my computer.

Let's see: a deragatory post about a product that they couldn't possibly have tried (since it was only released in the last hour or so), from someone who just joined the forum today. Can you say "obvious troll"?

acoggan said:
Let's see: a deragatory post about a product that they couldn't possibly have tried (since it was only released in the last hour or so), from someone who just joined the forum today. Can you say "obvious troll"?
Thank you Andrew. I respect your work and followed what you have said on here and on many other forums for quite a long time. What you (and others) have written persuaded me to buy a powertap sl. At the same time I bought your and Hunter's book and read it with interest. That book, and lots of other people's comments about Cycling Peaks, persuaded me to buy the software. So I did. I paid good money for it about two weeks ago.

I liked the way that the website (or it might have been the forum) said that I would get free upgrades. I liked the way that the website said that Forerunner support was coming soon. I liked both of these things and I can honestly say that these two comments heavily influenced my decision to buy the software.

I went looking for the Cycling Peaks forum this evening and noticed the new software on it. The forum was down, the pricing page was down but I could download the software so I did. I sent an e-mail to support asking about the upgrade and letting them know that the forum was down. I got two very prompt e-mails back, one from Hunter and one from Dirk Friel. Both said that I would have to pay the for the upgrade.

Out of interest, I did try the new software. After some initial problems downloading from my forerunner, I did import some run data and look at the graphs that it produced.

Having read what the Cycling Peaks website (or its forum) said about upgrades I was disappointed that I would have to pay for an upgrade so soon (just over two weeks) after buying the software. I have obviously communicated this to Hunter. I am sure he is very busy trying to get the forum, etc up and running and so I am sure that he has not yet got round to replying again.

As I was upset about this, I posted a short factual message here. If you think that is "deragatory" then I am sorry about that. In fact, I could see that it was a bit sharp a few seconds after pressing the submit button. I then went back to edit my reply but the auto log-in wasn't enabled so I had to go through the hassle of logging back in. By that time there was already a reply quoting my message so the genie was already out of the bottle.

If you ignore the fact that I paid full price for the software two weeks ago and the references on the Cycling Peaks site to the free upgrades, I would say that getting a 50% discount to the full price is not a bad deal. Unfortunately, I am not able to ignore both of these things.

I don't know what the business ethics of this sort of thing is in the US. I am sure that there is something in the licence agreement that tells me that everything I have read about on the website is completely irrelevant to life, the universe and everything. I do know that in the UK this sort of thing (saying one thing in marketing material and then ignoring it once you have got the money) is not allowed and this is enforced by Trading Standards. I realise that I cannot practically do anything to get this situation sorted as I doubt if the UK Trading Standards people will take too active an interest in this sort of thing.

I hope to be able to continue to use the software that I have bought. I also hope to continue to be able to read about your insights. If my short comment at a time when I was upset about what I perceive to be a blatently unfair position means that I am a troll then so be it. I am sure that there are lots of people on here who have written messages that they wouldn't have minded changing after they had press the submit button.

Anyway, have a good evening.

Ouch... I bought cp 1 last week... judging from the features i see in cp 2 this powermeter thing is gonna hit badly my bank account!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Two weeks ago!... I just purchased the full version of Cycling Peaks 1.1 LAST NIGHT I guess it is better than investing my inheritance on Friday October 16th 1987. :(

Maybe instead of making a post that implies the software is bad, you could get in touch directly with the sellers, using their "Support" link on the CyclingPeaks website, ask them if there is anything they could do to help since you just bought it, then give them some reasonable amount of time (maybe more than a few hours) to respond. Then, if they don't respond, or don't help you, you could ***** and actually have a good point to make, instead of whining about those mean old CyclingPeaks software guys.

mloywhite said:
Maybe instead of making a post that implies the software is bad, you could get in touch directly with the sellers, using their "Support" link on the CyclingPeaks website, ask them if there is anything they could do to help since you just bought it, then give them some reasonable amount of time (maybe more than a few hours) to respond. Then, if they don't respond, or don't help you, you could ***** and actually have a good point to make, instead of whining about those mean old CyclingPeaks software guys.

I don't know if you were referring to my post, but in case, I never said explicitly or implicitly that cp is a bad software. The opposite is true, as I mentioned in another thread it's one of the best and most useful programs I've used lately!

$48 Bucks for those of us who already use it daily! Cheap! Come on, the $$$$ that we've all spent on our power meters is nothing compared to the software that makes it useful. I can't believe people get their feelings hurt over the fact they have to pay for a new and improved version of software (even if they just purchased it). In my business new software upgrades cost thousands! Maybe Hunter and Andrew should have checked with each and everyone of us before they released V2 to make sure it wouldn't offend any of us........

frenk said:
I don't know if you were referring to my post, but in case, I never said explicitly or implicitly that cp is a bad software. The opposite is true, as I mentioned in another thread it's one of the best and most useful programs I've used lately!
No offense, I just bought it a couple of months ago and would love a good deal on the upgrade. I was referring to Tri Tigger, who said "I am very unhappy with Cycling Peaks v2.0..." which strongly implies that there is a problem with the software, which as Andy pointed out, could not be the case. His real beef is that he thinks there should be free upgrades, not that the software is faulty.

Shawneebiker said:
$48 Bucks for those of us who already use it daily! Cheap! Come on, the $$$$ that we've all spent on our power meters is nothing compared to the software that makes it useful. I can't believe people get their feelings hurt over the fact they have to pay for a new and improved version of software (even if they just purchased it). In my business new software upgrades cost thousands! Maybe Hunter and Andrew should have checked with each and everyone of us before they released V2 to make sure it wouldn't offend any of us........

It's really only $25 more for the upgrade-plus-v1.1 than for the full v2. Of course, if you just bought v1.1 days ago, that's pretty bad timing; but jeez....it's only 25 bucks!!

I can certainly understand the frustration of someone who just recently purchased it without knowing a new version was just about to be released. I certainly didn't know that a new version was immenent.

If v1.1 was purchased directly from the site, I think a "pay the difference between your purchase and the v2.0 full price" arrangement would be a nice customer service gesture for people who bought it within a certain period of time. Things might be more complicated for people who bought it from a 3rd party vendor like www.analyticcycling.com , however. I'd suggest contacting Hunter directly from the Cycling Peaks site so he can understand the issue. He's always returned my e-mails within a reasonable period of time.

Tri Tigger said:
Thank you Andrew. I respect your work and followed what you have said on here and on many other forums for quite a long time. What you (and others) have written persuaded me to buy a powertap sl. At the same time I bought your and Hunter's book and read it with interest. That book, and lots of other people's comments about Cycling Peaks, persuaded me to buy the software. So I did. I paid good money for it about two weeks ago.

I liked the way that the website (or it might have been the forum) said that I would get free upgrades. I liked the way that the website said that Forerunner support was coming soon. I liked both of these things and I can honestly say that these two comments heavily influenced my decision to buy the software.

I went looking for the Cycling Peaks forum this evening and noticed the new software on it. The forum was down, the pricing page was down but I could download the software so I did. I sent an e-mail to support asking about the upgrade and letting them know that the forum was down. I got two very prompt e-mails back, one from Hunter and one from Dirk Friel. Both said that I would have to pay the for the upgrade.

Out of interest, I did try the new software. After some initial problems downloading from my forerunner, I did import some run data and look at the graphs that it produced.

Having read what the Cycling Peaks website (or its forum) said about upgrades I was disappointed that I would have to pay for an upgrade so soon (just over two weeks) after buying the software. I have obviously communicated this to Hunter. I am sure he is very busy trying to get the forum, etc up and running and so I am sure that he has not yet got round to replying again.

As I was upset about this, I posted a short factual message here. If you think that is "deragatory" then I am sorry about that. In fact, I could see that it was a bit sharp a few seconds after pressing the submit button. I then went back to edit my reply but the auto log-in wasn't enabled so I had to go through the hassle of logging back in. By that time there was already a reply quoting my message so the genie was already out of the bottle.

If you ignore the fact that I paid full price for the software two weeks ago and the references on the Cycling Peaks site to the free upgrades, I would say that getting a 50% discount to the full price is not a bad deal. Unfortunately, I am not able to ignore both of these things.

I don't know what the business ethics of this sort of thing is in the US. I am sure that there is something in the licence agreement that tells me that everything I have read about on the website is completely irrelevant to life, the universe and everything. I do know that in the UK this sort of thing (saying one thing in marketing material and then ignoring it once you have got the money) is not allowed and this is enforced by Trading Standards. I realise that I cannot practically do anything to get this situation sorted as I doubt if the UK Trading Standards people will take too active an interest in this sort of thing.

I hope to be able to continue to use the software that I have bought. I also hope to continue to be able to read about your insights. If my short comment at a time when I was upset about what I perceive to be a blatently unfair position means that I am a troll then so be it. I am sure that there are lots of people on here who have written messages that they wouldn't have minded changing after they had press the submit button.

Anyway, have a good evening.

Thanks for the lengthy explanation. About all I can say is:

1) I agree, it's a bummer that you were caught out by the new version, but FWIW I have nothing at all to do with TrainingPeaks marketing/pricing strategy.

2) Sans your explanation, I hope you can see why I thought your original brief post was merely a troll.

jws said:
It's really only $25 more for the upgrade-plus-v1.1 than for the full v2. Of course, if you just bought v1.1 days ago, that's pretty bad timing; but jeez....it's only 25 bucks!!
Yeah I know :D speaking for myself I am not going to stay awake at night worrying about it, or post how much Cycling Peaks sucks since it is a great tool and I got to use it for free for 2 weeks before I paid for it yesterday evening... but I do kick myself for not knowing the new version was coming out... I mean that 25 bucks is like half a tank of gas ;) .
Just briefly looking at the website, V2.0 looks like a nice upgrade... besides I can keep using V1.1 and then pretend 2.0 just came out in a few weeks... really the timing is arbitrary anyhow.

wilmar13 said:
Yeah I know :D speaking for myself I am not going to stay awake at night worrying about it, or post how much Cycling Peaks sucks since it is a great tool and I got to use it for free for 2 weeks before I paid for it yesterday evening... but I do kick myself for not knowing the new version was coming out... I mean that 25 bucks is like half a tank of gas ;) .
Just briefly looking at the website, V2.0 looks like a nice upgrade... besides I can keep using V1.1 and then pretend 2.0 just came out in a few weeks... really the timing is arbitrary anyhow.
Or use v1.1 for a year and then upgrade. Then, you'll really feel as though you got your money's worth.:D