CyclingPeaks Version 2.0!

frenchyge said:
Yeah, the day before they get the full Training Manager functionality included. :D
That's a big assumption that TM is going to be included in CP.

Woofer said:
If you mean as opposed to a completely separate package, then I suppose it is. I don't really know how they're planning to release it, only that it will be coming 'soon'. :)

Woofer said:
I think that's Kansas humor, as in the day after the poster orders the new version, a version with TM will be announced the next day.:D

frenchyge said:
If you mean as opposed to a completely separate package, then I suppose it is. I don't really know how they're planning to release it, only that it will be coming 'soon'. :)

Training Manager WILL be a separate app.

CyclingPeaks will always remain a post analysis piece of software, not a planning or predictive based one.
Now, maybe you'll be able to see the Training Manager graph in WKO+ 2.0 sometime soon though, as a free upgrade to those that have upgraded...

;-)

Hunter

jws said:
It's really only $25 more for the upgrade-plus-v1.1 than for the full v2. Of course, if you just bought v1.1 days ago, that's pretty bad timing; but jeez....it's only 25 bucks!!
What do you mean by this? I looked up their site for information and it says (at https://www.cyclingpeakssoftware.com/checkout_step1.asp?grouping=cpsoft ):

CyclingPeaks WKO+ Athlete Edition Upgrade from previous version$48.50

Can't find the "$25" price quote anywhere it seems...:confused:

I was a little shocked at first to find out the upgrade wasn't free, especially after having bought Cycling Peaks back in January. Nevertheless, the upgrade discount is fair. People fail to realize the money that goes into software development for future versions. I highly doubt Hunter and the folks at TP are living high off the hog like Bill Gates. I'd rather pay the money as long as we get good support and better software. Keep it up!

-Pete

P.S. I need to try out 2.0 before I buy it, but so far I think Polar has a better multisport setup. Still, Cycling Peaks is the dope for power.

just a question I haven't found on the website, does CP2 include quadrant analysis?

frenk said:
just a question I haven't found on the website, does CP2 include quadrant analysis?

Sorry, we didn't finish up the quadrant analysis stuff to my satisfaction for this release. It's 'possible' we'll include it in an upcoming build as a free upgrade, but no promises. I want it RIGHT first, so we have some work to do yet.

Thanks for understanding how much time and investment goes into this. I wish we were getting rich off this, but the reality is, that we are not. We really love making awesome stuff for cycling and power especially, so I hope that you guys support us. The sales of WKO+ Ver.2.0 will go to create more cool stuff, I can promise you that!

Hunter

Frustrated Mac user here. Any Mac power software on the horizon? Our IT guy does not recomend running Virtual PC for a number of reasons. Trying to avoid buying a PC just to run this program!

Hunter w/kg said:
Sorry, we didn't finish up the quadrant analysis stuff to my satisfaction for this release. It's 'possible' we'll include it in an upcoming build as a free upgrade, but no promises. I want it RIGHT first, so we have some work to do yet.

Thanks for understanding how much time and investment goes into this. I wish we were getting rich off this, but the reality is, that we are not. We really love making awesome stuff for cycling and power especially, so I hope that you guys support us. The sales of WKO+ Ver.2.0 will go to create more cool stuff, I can promise you that!

Hunter
I personally think that the power profiling chart is entirely unpolished. While it is functional, I have to squint to see what anything says. It should open up within CyclingPeaks, just as other windows do (e.g. calendar). This would make it larger, easier to read, and thus more useable.

The new search sucks, if I type "2 hr." I get every ride goal with a "2", or a "hr." in them. This is EVERY one of my rides. You should include an option to search for the entire phrase, and not just individual words within the typed phrase. Min/Max duration on the search page also doesn't work, which I think is due to the fact that it requires parameters that none of my old imported data has. It should check the length of the ride within the file, and not pull out that length and create a seperate associated variable. This way data files that aren't originally downloaded by CP can be used in the search system.

The "sport" parameter messed up my mean maximal curve graph... seemingly randomly causing the graph to display: "... there is no data within the configured date range to plot". If you deselect all the sports for the mean max page, it works again (this applies to all the other graphs, once edited, they require all the sports to be deselected).

The chalkboard came empty, requiring the re-make of all new graphs (which is lame). So, I go to view---> "Reset this page to default settings" and what do I get? A CRASH.

As a side note, I think one should be able to save a template page, so graphs don’t have to be re-made. E.G. the user could click view---> “Reset this page to X template” and have their favorite graphs restored.

Overall, an unpolished, unimpressive $50 update to software that I already have. No thanks. I'll promptly upgrade when I think something worthwhile was done with the app.

I love cyclingpeaks, I just think this "upgrade" is ****.

Not saying this to anyone in particular, but...

Typically, I find the adage: "Praise in Public, but Criticize in Private" very helpful.

That is why there is a support email.

Jim

JohnMeyers said:
Min/Max duration on the search page also doesn't work, which I think is due to the fact that it requires parameters that none of my old imported data has.

Actually, the Min/Max function does work, and the info is in your files. The bug is in the Migration Tool, which fails to populate those fields of the Calendar. You can around this by 1) opening and resaving each file individually (if you've only got a few), or 2) use the original drap-and-drop bulk import function to import your old .wko files. (If you've already run the Migration Tool, you'll have to delete all the **new** .wko files first, or click Yes over and over again to allow them to be overwritten.)

JohnMeyers said:
The "sport" parameter messed up my mean maximal curve graph... seemingly randomly causing the graph to display: "... there is no data within the configured date range to plot". If you deselect all the sports for the mean max page, it works again (this applies to all the other graphs, once edited, they require all the sports to be deselected).

The chalkboard came empty, requiring the re-make of all new graphs (which is lame). So, I go to view---> "Reset this page to default settings" and what do I get? A CRASH.

The Chalkboard is originally empty because it is meant to serve as a "blank slate" upon which you can do custom (and often temporary) analyses. Other than that, though, I can't add much, except to say that I haven't been able to reproduce the errors you've reported on any of the three computers I've installed the new software. Did you by chance try uninstalling and reinstalling the program, just to make sure it wasn't some temporary "glitch"?

JohnMeyers said:
As a side note, I think one should be able to save a template page, so graphs don’t have to be re-made. E.G. the user could click view---> “Reset this page to X template” and have their favorite graphs restored.

That's a good suggestion, so I'll pass it along and maybe it will make it into a future build. For now, though, the thing to do is save your favorite graphs as the new default (which is an option) - that way, when you reset a page to the default, you're back to what you want to see, not what the program originally offered.

acoggan said:
Actually, the Min/Max function does work, and the info is in your files. The bug is in the Migration Tool, which fails to populate those fields of the Calendar. You can around this by 1) opening and resaving each file individually (if you've only got a few), or 2) use the original drap-and-drop bulk import function to import your old .wko files. (If you've already run the Migration Tool, you'll have to delete all the **new** .wko files first, or click Yes over and over again to allow them to be overwritten.)

The Chalkboard is originally empty because it is meant to serve as a "blank slate" upon which you can do custom (and often temporary) analyses. Other than that, though, I can't add much, except to say that I haven't been able to reproduce the errors you've reported on any of the three computers I've installed the new software. Did you by chance try uninstalling and reinstalling the program, just to make sure it wasn't some temporary "glitch"?

That's a good suggestion, so I'll pass it along and maybe it will make it into a future build. For now, though, the thing to do is save your favorite graphs as the new default (which is an option) - that way, when you reset a page to the default, you're back to what you want to see, not what the program originally offered.
If data is imported via drag and drop, then the min/max feature of the search does work. Hunter says the glitch with the chalkboard will be fixed by Monday. I shot off my other suggestions via email.

Like I said in my previous post (which was a little harsh) CP is great software, I just think this release is a bit rough around the edges.

Tri Tigger said:
I liked the way that the website (or it might have been the forum) said that I would get free upgrades.
The Cyclingpeaks forum is back up and running and I found the original post from Hunter - http://www2.cyclingpeakssoftware.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=144 It says:

Hunter of Cyclingpeaks forum said:
Once you have purchased CyclingPeaks, you can at anytime go and get the latest version. We are constantly making small changes and sometimes BIG changes and posting on the site for download.

To get the latest version of CyclingPeaks,

Goto http://www.cyclingpeakssoftware.com/members/login.php

Then click on the RED link DOWNLOAD CyclingPeaks Ver 1.1

Make sure to have your current version OFF.

Download it and install it! It will load overtop of the old one, keeping all your data intact!

Hunter
Seems quite clear really...:( In fact it sounds quite similar to:

Hunter w/kg said:
Now though I am not sure about whether "no promises" refers to the word "free".

Tri Tigger said:
The Cyclingpeaks forum is back up and running and I found the original post from Hunter - http://www2.cyclingpeakssoftware.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=144 It says:

Seems quite clear really...:( In fact it sounds quite similar to:

Now though I am not sure about whether "no promises" refers to the word "free".
So, if I understand correctly, you figure that if you bought a version of CP, you are entitled to all future builds, releases and versions at no extra charge? Do you use software from other providers (still in business) with such a pricing policy?

RapDaddyo said:
So, if I understand correctly, you figure that if you bought a version of CP, you are entitled to all future builds, releases and versions at no extra charge? Do you use software from other providers (still in business) with such a pricing policy?

Indeed, it seems that Tri Tigger is failing to distinguish between builds and patches vs. entirely new versions (so different, in fact, that the official name of the program has changed, to reflect the fact that it is no longer cycling-exclusive).

RapDaddyo said:
So, if I understand correctly, you figure that if you bought a version of CP, you are entitled to all future builds, releases and versions at no extra charge?
Yes, I believed what Hunter said.

RapDaddyo said:
Do you use software from other providers (still in business) with such a pricing policy?
My Dad for a long time used Norton Anti-Virus. When he bought it, it had a life time of virus updates. They then changed the policy of allowing you a year's updates for new software bought. Norton still honoured the old agreement (well until the PC died).