cyclingtheworld.org

Gianni

Guest
I am a bike tour fan like a lot of you in here and I have began to
build a new
website dedicated to all who share our passion. I would like this to
be a place
where we can share our world tour diaries, rate and review airline,
train or bus companies in their effort to offer a 'biker friendly'
transport, a forum only for touring discussions, pretty empty at the
start but I look forward to many interesting posts.
Should you be able to visit the site please see how you can contribute
to it as I am just a beginner in this great way to travel and your
experience is greatly appreciated.
The website can be found at http://www.cyclingtheworld.org

Hope to get some feedback at
webmaster[at]cyclingtheworld.org and otherwise nice riding
to all. nice riding to all.

Gianni

gianni wrote:

>I am a bike tour fan like a lot of you in here and I have
>began to build a new website dedicated to all who share our
>passion. I would like this to be a place where we can share
>our world tour diaries, rate and review airline, train or
>bus companies in their effort to offer a 'biker friendly'
>transport, a forum only for touring discussions, pretty
>empty at the start but I look forward to many interesting
>posts. Should you be able to visit the site please see how
>you can contribute to it as I am just a beginner in this
>great way to travel and your experience is greatly
>appreciated. The website can be found at
>http://www.cyclingtheworld.org
>
>Hope to get some feedback at
>webmaster[at]cyclingtheworld.org and otherwise nice riding
>to all. nice riding to all.
>
>Gianni

As a web designer I hate it when I get told this kind of
thing, but .... Take a look at your site in Mozilla (or
Netscape 7+). There are layout problems.

--
*****************************
Chuck Anderson • Boulder, CO http://www.CycleTourist.com

[email protected] (gianni) writes:

> Hope to get some feedback at
> webmaster[at]cyclingtheworld.org and otherwise nice
> riding to all.

I'm not going to e-mail you privately. Sorry to sound harsh,
but it's etiuette: if you're asking for information in a
newsgroup, read the newsgroup for your answers.

Your HTML has problems, which might be why the page renders
incorrectly (mentioned by another poster). There are free
tools for checking this, including:

http://validator.w3.org/

http://www.w3c.org/People/Raggett/tidy/

http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/

Hopefully these will help sort out your problems with
rendering. The basic loverall look of the site is nice,
except for the text being obscured and covered by other
page elements.

"gianni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I am a bike tour fan like a lot of you in here and I have
> began to build a new website dedicated to all who share
> our passion. I would like this to be a place where we can
> share our world tour diaries, rate and review airline,
> train or bus companies in their effort to offer a 'biker
> friendly' transport, a forum only for touring discussions,
> pretty empty at the start but I look forward to many
> interesting posts. Should you be able to visit the site
> please see how you can contribute to it as I am just a
> beginner in this great way to travel and your experience
> is greatly appreciated. The website can be found at
> http://www.cyclingtheworld.org
>
> Hope to get some feedback at
> webmaster[at]cyclingtheworld.org and otherwise nice riding
> to all. nice riding to all.
>
> Gianni

Gianni. Well done. The site looks good and everything was
okay when I viewed it. Your site has the potential to be a
very good source of information for those of us who tour,
and I will be back on a regular basis to see how you and the
site are travelling. Keep up the good work.

regards, Andrew

http://www.geocities.com/andrewhooker59/CycleTouring.html

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I will ensure the site
looks good in Mozilla and Netscape too. I decided to use
Style Sheets for the layout and the only drawback seems to
be that they are not read the same way in different
browsers. For the moment Explorer and Opera versions are
good. Thank you, again Gianni

news:<[email protected]>...

Around Australia Recumbent Style wrote in message ...
>Gianni. Well done. The site looks good and everything was
>okay when I viewed it. Your site has the potential to be a
>very good source of information for those of us who tour,
>and I will be back on a regular basis to see how you and
>the site are travelling. Keep up the good work.

I concur. Please keep this site going!

[email protected] (gianni) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I am a bike tour fan like a lot of you in here and I have
> began to build a new website dedicated to all who share
> our passion. I would like this to be a place where we can
> share our world tour diaries, rate and review airline,
> train or bus companies in their effort to offer a 'biker
> friendly' transport, a forum only for touring discussions,
> pretty empty at the start but I look forward to many
> interesting posts. Should you be able to visit the site
> please see how you can contribute to it as I am just a
> beginner in this great way to travel and your experience
> is greatly appreciated. The website can be found at
> http://www.cyclingtheworld.org
>
> Hope to get some feedback at
> webmaster[at]cyclingtheworld.org and otherwise nice riding
> to all. nice riding to all.
>
> Gianni

hi Gianni, are you italian? the web site I think is great!

> hi Gianni, are you italian? the web site I think is great!

Yes I am italian but living in London for the time being.
Thanks I will keep the good work and hope that more people
begin to contribute to its content. Ciao