Cyclist are wussies and motorcyclist are manly men

I come from a family who ride motorcycles as well as bikes and I respect both. with both need to keep your wits about you and with both you always need to look out for morons trying to kill you.

Only real difference is speed and weight.

Most motorcycles will out-accelerate a car, though. Sometimes you can escape harm just by opening the throttle.

I guess you're right, jhuskey. heh. Question is who in their right mind would try something like that?

I guess you're right, jhuskey. heh. Question is who in their right mind would try something like that?

If you are looking for people in their right minds, steer away from cyclists. We are crazy people.

Not any more difficult that riding an e-bike that lost its charge. The first Harleys, like many motorcycles of the era, had a bicycle crank and pedals.

motorcycle-throwback-1903-harley-davidson-3.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Velos
10 years into production, H-D still included pedals on the famous 1913 Gray Ghost.

HD-1913-9E-2.jpg

Reactions: Velos
Indian and many others also included pedals...perfect for those last few blocks and up the driveway at 3 AM after a night out with the other manly men.

LV0114-180305_1.jpg

Famous Belgian arms manufacture Fabrique Nationale of Herstal used pedals. For many years, motorcycles were also bicycles. Even the board racers used pedals.

1910_FN.jpg

I've had a motorbike license for many years now and a lot of the bikers I know also ride bicycles aswell so I'm not sure there is any divide if you want to call it that.

I've been to the IOM TT a few times and some of the greatest road racers in the world only have a motorbike and a bicycle and don't even have a car license so there's no problems I've encountered in that respect either.

Oooh, now it makes sense. Haha. I never thought there could be an invention out there like that. I don't know why I didn't wonder. I guess I'm not a combiner.

That is ridiculous. It is because they look mean and dangerous but they also look very dirty and stinky. I like my bicycle and would never trade it for a motorcycle. I feel as manly as possible when I go and ride a 100 km root without stopping. Some of them would get more tired on their bikes.

Its a stereo-type basically. Sorry but there is a greater majority of those on the motorcycle that are out of shape. I like what JHuskey said, that's funny. Its true. It doesn't matter who wears what.
I don't know about this manly man thing. There's a lot I could say about that but a man should be able to wear anything and still be a man. It's professional gear. Would we ask a baseball player to wear a shirt, tie, and dress pants to play ball?

This post wasn't meant to "call out" motorcyclist or infer they have bad attitudes. I haven't had run ins with motorcyclist and do get the occasional wave. It was mostly asked out of curiosity of what I believe to be popular opinion.

Most motorcycles will out-accelerate a car, though. Sometimes you can escape harm just by opening the throttle.

Very true. With both you're very exposed though and I suppose with a motorcycle comes the added weight plus carrying more speed (unless you're trying to draft a bus of something of course! :D)

God I hate this macho BS. If you think wearing leather or riding a "hog" or owning a 5K road bike makes you manly please give your head a shake. It's like these dummies who wear "Sons of anarchy" clothing, great you can watch a TV show that MUST make you a bad mofo... sigh...
You know what makes a man manly? Things like taking care of your family, taking care of your community, working hard, not complaining, being self-sufficient, being genuine, staying as fit as your body will let you, being assertive (but not a ****,) helping your friends when they need it, being independent ect ect.
Does not matter one lick how strong you are, how much booze you can drink, how rich your daddy was, how intelligent you are, how you wear your hair ect ect these things don't make a real man a man.
A manly man can look like anything they want to look like, what matters is if they are real or not.

Reactions: Uawadall
God I hate this macho BS. If you think wearing leather or riding a "hog" or owning a 5K road bike makes you manly please give your head a shake. It's like these dummies who wear "Sons of anarchy" clothing, great you can watch a TV show that MUST make you a bad mofo... sigh...
You know what makes a man manly? Things like taking care of your family, taking care of your community, working hard, not complaining, being self-sufficient, being genuine, staying as fit as your body will let you, being assertive (but not a ****,) helping your friends when they need it, being independent ect ect.
Does not matter one lick how strong you are, how much booze you can drink, how rich your daddy was, how intelligent you are, how you wear your hair ect ect these things don't make a real man a man.
A manly man can look like anything they want to look like, what matters is if they are real or not.

I agree 100%

Well, I don't care much about the way random people pigeonhole others. To me, a cyclist is some who cares about his own physical aspects and loves nature. Because many cyclists usually go and ride outside the urban area.