Cyclist are wussies and motorcyclist are manly men

I think both are equally "manly". It's a lot harder to be your own power for sure, but you do face other risks that can be more life threatening on a motorcycle than you would a bicycle, depending on where you are riding. I personally enjoy both. I like the fact that you can cruise on a motorcycle and just enjoy the outdoors and do very little work except monitor the road. I also like the fact that you can physically feel a sense of accomplishment with cycling. You see more beer bellies on a motorcycle than you do a bicycle :)

Going back to the biker gangs we mentioned before, while it's obviously true that a group of Hell's Angel's walking into a bar would get more respect than a group of cyclists, they'd get more respect than most other groups so it's not a fair comparison really.

Haha, how ridiculous is this? Cyclists are not wussies, quite the opposite, it's much harder to pedal than to ride a motorbike...

Reactions: Jcycle
I don't know that people that believe this **** even take into account the physical strength that can be involved in cycling. Having ridden motorcycles as well as bicycles my money is on a fit cyclist.

I have to agree that cycling clothes might not look too manly haha, but who cares really, if I am doing what I love I could not care less about how I look.

Pounded into our heads by who? I hope you are exaggerating because that was never the case for me growing up. People like to blame social environment for opinions that are off base. There is some truth to this, but the responsibility for holding ignorant views like this falls on the person choosing to believe them even if they were surrounded by others that believe the same misguided ****. I don't let people off the hook. We all have the ability to think and decide for ourselves. In the end it isn't the fault of anybody else collectively or otherwise for what we choose to believe. It is ours.

They have a word that describe this, "stereotypes" it's up to you to decide whether you believe in them or not. Most people won't go past this point and prefer that others do the thinking for themselves.

I bet you guys didn't know that the country of India manufactures Harley's.

Here's what an Indian manufactured Harley sounds like:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I bet you guys didn't know that the country of India manufactures Harley's.

Here's what an Indian manufactured Harley sounds like:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That was a waste of 36 seconds I will never get back. It was off topic and it wasn't even funny. Boo!

Nothing against motorcyclist, but why do people see them as tough and bikers as wussies? With one, you have to use man power and the other....gasoline..Is it the leather Jacket vs Lycra or the general annoyance some have for sharing the road?

it's a stereotype some of the motorcyclists want to spread. You know, the ones who think that they're better because they have an expensive motorcycle. Also might be little influenced by the existence of "bike" gangs in several countries - some people are fascinated with criminals and outlaws, and I don't think there are bicycle gangs anywhere.

One of the things I have enjoyed about getting old is, I just don't give a sh** what anyone thinks anymore! Are motorcyclists more "manly"? I don't know , and I don't care!! :D

Reactions: AryaSnark