Cyclist dies after collision with truck

A

admin

Hi guys i just got this emailed to me.... &gt;:(<br /><br />
<br />Cyclist dies after collision with truck<br />A 33-year-old cyclist has died after a collision on the Princess highway at Narre Warren this morning.<br /><br />The cyclist from Berwick was struck by a truck and died in Dandenong Hospital soon after the accident.<br /><br />His death takes Victoria's road toll for the year to 337<br />

$*!~ 337 people killed on one road.<br /><br />Is that a local road near where you live ? because I'm curious what kind of road it is. a drag racers' paradise or just a dark country road with lots of sharp turns that catch people out. Is the any information as to what exactly happened.<br /><br />This story brings to mind the time I was waitng at a crossroads, I cycled to the front of the queue and pulled up alongside a car as I always do.<br />I was waiting patiently when the car directly across the road from me stuck his nose out to far, unfortunately he pulled out in front of a lorry.<br />The lorry hit the front of the car and virtually ripped it off whilst pushing the car sideways, to exactly the spot I would have been if I'd been on that side of the road.<br />From that day I've never pulled alongside a car at a junction, I now wait just behind his back wheel and when he goes I either follow him or take up an agressive position at the junction which doesn't allow room for a car to pull up alongside.<br /><br />It's just a thought because whilst you might not be doing anything wrong, one small mistake by somebody else can have dire consequences.<br /><br />Laz

337 is the road toll for the whole state.......It is usually other peoples mistakes you end up paying for

A cyclist has died in hospital after being hit by a truck on the Princes Highway at Narre Warren.<br /><br />The man, in his 30s, from Berwick, was struck by a tray truck travelling in the same direction about 5:00am AEDT today.<br /><br />The truck driver, a man in his 20s from Warragul, has been interviewed by police.
<br /><br />Sound slike another murder to me :(

Ah my mistake thanks for setting me straight.<br /><br />Lazarus goes off :-[<br /><br /><br />Has any driver ever been found guilty of murdering a cyclist ? or at the least manslaughter.

[quote author=Lazarus-g link=board=8;threadid=2585;start=0#22202 date=1036530368]<br />Has any driver ever been found guilty of murdering a cyclist ? or at the least manslaughter.<br />[/quote]<br /><br />probably not

[quote author=Lazarus-g link=board=8;threadid=2585;start=0#22202 date=1036530368]<br />Has any driver ever been found guilty of murdering a cyclist ? or at the least manslaughter.<br />[/quote]<br /><br />There was a case in Chicago last year. The guy got 45 years for killing a cyclist. We desperately need a decision like that in this country - pronto.