Cyclist killed by drunk driver (Wollongong)

Peter Vesel said:
I have heard rumours the driver had been drinking all afternoon at a local pub and wisely decided to leave his car their overnight.
The next morning he went to pick it up and it appears he was still over the
legal limit at 8am when he hit the cyclist

http://www.abc.net.au/news/australia/nsw/illawarra/200505/s1379703.htm

I saw this on the weekend, these further developments are, well...sh!t.
How did he return to the pub? Was anyone with him or witnessed him? If he was working that day, why couldn't he take a sickie? Common sense - WTF is that? shesssh. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Peter Vesel said:
I have heard rumours the driver had been drinking all afternoon at a local
pub and wisely decided to leave his car their overnight.
The next morning he went to pick it up and it appears he was still over the
legal limit at 8am when he hit the cyclist

http://www.abc.net.au/news/australia/nsw/illawarra/200505/s1379703.htm

it's actually the new sport for the uber rich, especially in SA.....you get to run over & kill a cyclist & it only costs you a $3100 fine....cheaper than carbon shafted golf clubs really!

Hitchy

Hitchy said:
it's actually the new sport for the uber rich, especially in SA.....you get to run over & kill a cyclist & it only costs you a $3100 fine....cheaper than carbon shafted golf clubs really!

Hitchy

Ah, yes, the charming Mr Eugene McGee. I've been all over this case like a *internet rash*, check here for news updates: http://bicyclejustice.blogspot.com

Also check the Adelaide WoJ site, and the most recent Cycling Forums Community Bulletin (thanks Steve, CF admin legend!)
http://wheelsofjustice.com.au

cfsmtb said:
I saw this on the weekend, these further developments are, well...sh!t.
How did he return to the pub? Was anyone with him or witnessed him? If he was working that day, why couldn't he take a sickie? Common sense - WTF is that? shesssh. :mad: :mad: :mad:
or, heaven forbid, a modicum of responsibility...

If someone can plan to get back to the pub to collect a car left there because they had been drinking, then I believe they are capable of working out their ongoing risk to others (and themselves) when more sober.

*sighs*

ali

"cfsmtb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Peter Vesel Wrote:
> > I have heard rumours the driver had been drinking all afternoon at a
> > local pub and wisely decided to leave his car their overnight.
> > The next morning he went to pick it up and it appears he was still over
> > the
> > legal limit at 8am when he hit the cyclist
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/csyhu

> I saw this on the weekend, these further developments are, well...sh!t.
>
> How did he return to the pub? Was anyone with him or witnessed him? If
> he was working that day, why couldn't he take a sickie? Common sense -
> WTF is that? shesssh. :mad: :mad: :mad:
>

> --
> cfsmtb

Again stressing this is via one of the accused mates father's, so it is
possible it is incorrect.
The friend visited the driver on the Sunday and asked why he was so
miserable and he replied he
had killed a cyclist and thought he was doing the right thing by leaving his
car to be picked up the next day.

Apparently there were many witnesses to the accident including the deceased
cycling mate.

I haven't seen or heard anything other than local reports.
Considering the recent case in SA it will be interesting to watch further
developments

Peter Vesel said:
"cfsmtb" <cfsmtb.1py0tb@no-
> > I have heard rumours the driver had been drinking all afternoon at a
> > local pub and wisely decided to leave his car their overnight.
> > The next morning he went to pick it up and it appears he was still over
> > the
> > legal limit at 8am when he hit the cyclist
usually its one of these,

inattentiveness, substance abuse or ignorance/attitude!