Cyclist killed in freak accident....

In news:[email protected], elyob <[email protected]> typed:

> Unless you're French...

Je connais une vieille dame qui a avalé une mouche.......elle est morte naturellement

Tony

--
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve immortality through not
dying." Woody Allen

> > > ...but one has to wonder if this is a case for proof of boxing causing brain damage in the
> > > young ??...
> > >

> > A not unknown accident amongst non-boxers so almost certainly unrelated
> > his boxing.

I know of four people who have done this 1 died, 1 may never speak again, 1 had severe leg injuries
and 1 (who also wasnt wearing a helmet) had no injury other than dented pride.

None were boxers but all were cyclists. Hee Hee.

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 21:39:47 +0100, "Dave" <[email protected]> wrote:

>A boxing champ died when he was thrown from his bicycle through the rear windscreen of a parked
>Mercedes Vaneo, as he turned to talk to a friend. His friend, who administered first aid at the
>scene of the accident, reported that he hadn't seen the vehicle.

It is considered possible that some people who have never boxed might at some stage in their early
teens have ridden into the back of a parked car when studying, say, the curious bulge developing in
the front tyre.

No forks were harmed in the making of this hypothetically hypothetical anecdote.

Guy
===
** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony. http://www.chapmancentral.com New!
Improved!! Now with added extra Demon!

> elyob wrote:
>
> > I agree, how the hell do you hit a stationary car? Side swiped, opened door, all understandable,
> > but still ridiculous. Puncture and a face plant is a real risk.
>
> Easy. Just keep riding until your bike tries to occupy the same three-dimensional co-ordinates as
> the car. It helps, though, not to be looking where one is going - in my case I had my head down to
> avoid ingesting the evening hatch of flies coming up from the river.

The same 4-dimensional, surely... After all, there's been many a time when I've been cycling to/from
work and occupied the same 3-d space (more or less, given the rotation about the centre of the
galaxy etc., and procession) as a cage from the previous day or so... (I'll get me coat...)

Stephan
--
Stephan Bird MChem(Hons) AMRSC Currently in Oxford, England

In news:[email protected], Just zis Guy, you know?
<[email protected]> typed:

> It is considered possible that some people who have never boxed might at some stage in their early
> teens have ridden into the back of a parked car when studying, say, the curious bulge developing
> in the front tyre.

At that age the curious bulges I studied weren't in the front tyre

Tony

--
"If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything." Mark Twain

Tony Raven <[email protected]> wrote:

> > It is considered possible that some people who have never boxed might at some stage in their
> > early teens have ridden into the back of a parked car when studying, say, the curious bulge
> > developing in the front tyre.
> >

> At that age the curious bulges I studied weren't in the front tyre

Surely the bulges you were studying, you were curious about, rather than being curious in
themselves?

--
Marc Stickers,decals,membership,cards, T shirts, signs etc for clubs and associations of all types.
http://www.jaceeprint.demon.co.uk/

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 21:54:56 +0100, "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote:

>It is considered possible that some people who have never boxed might at some stage in their early
>teens have ridden into the back of a parked car when studying, say, the curious bulge developing in
>the front tyre.

Back of a police car when aged 16. Neither coppers nor bulges were present.

James

--
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/c.butty/Larrau.jpg

Tony Raven wrote:

> At that age the curious bulges I studied weren't in the front tyre

Although rubber was often involved...

--
Stevie D \\\\\ ///// Bringing dating agencies to the \\\\\\\__X__///////
common hedgehog since 2001 - "HedgeHugs" ___\\\\\\\'/

In news:[email protected], Stevie D <[email protected]> typed:
> Tony Raven wrote:
>
>> At that age the curious bulges I studied weren't in the front tyre
>
> Although rubber was often involved...

I was too young and innocent in those days to know about such matters.....

Tony

--
"If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything." Mark Twain