Cyclist Killed

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Jimscozz, Nov 26, 2003.

  1. Jimscozz

    Jimscozz Guest

    Sad to report that yet another cyclist has been killed here in South Florida. Mark Webb, a friend of
    mine and one of the few recumbent riders here was killed early this morning. It has been a bad year
    for the West Palm Beach Bicycle Club. Read the story:
    http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/content/news/1126crash.html Jim Scozzafava

    Tags:

  2. Sad news indeed. On the flip side This is only the fifth fatality of a recumbent rider I am aware
    of. (In my 20 years of recumbent riding) I see it as pretty decent odds. According to the American
    Automobile Association : 42,000 died in cars last year. Such a common experience that few people are
    alarmed! 900 on bicycles (no separation for style of bike) USA statistics My condolences to his
    family and friends. Speedy

    Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----