Cyclist nearly SMASHED

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by ACP, Dec 23, 2005.

  1. ACP

    ACP New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 20, 2003
    Driving down Nepean Highway this afternoon (about 5.30 ish) in the howling (and gusty) northerly wind. Spotted a lone cyclist in the left lane, going along okay in full Fassa Bortolo gear. I am about 50 metres behind him in the middle lane, and I am looking to see if I know him. (No cars... they were all stuck at the Hampton Street lights near JB HIFI for those Melbournites who know it).
    Anyway, as I am watching, he rides past a huge tree (near East Brighton Footy Ground) and JUST as he passes it, the whole tree comes crashing down onto the road!!!! The guy must have been quite literally 2 metres past it when it came down. He had no idea what had happened and just kept riding merrily along.. a close shave! It sure shocked the s*** out of me!

    Tags:

  2. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963

    Proof that some deities are keeping an watchful eye over us.

  3. Steve

    Steve Guest

    Beavers ?!

  4. zog