Cyclist nearly SMASHED

ACP

Oct 20, 2003
Driving down Nepean Highway this afternoon (about 5.30 ish) in the howling (and gusty) northerly wind. Spotted a lone cyclist in the left lane, going along okay in full Fassa Bortolo gear. I am about 50 metres behind him in the middle lane, and I am looking to see if I know him. (No cars... they were all stuck at the Hampton Street lights near JB HIFI for those Melbournites who know it).
Anyway, as I am watching, he rides past a huge tree (near East Brighton Footy Ground) and JUST as he passes it, the whole tree comes crashing down onto the road!!!! The guy must have been quite literally 2 metres past it when it came down. He had no idea what had happened and just kept riding merrily along.. a close shave! It sure shocked the s*** out of me!

ACP said:
Anyway, as I am watching, he rides past a huge tree (near East Brighton Footy Ground) and JUST as he passes it, the whole tree comes crashing down onto the road!!!! The guy must have been quite literally 2 metres past it when it came down. He had no idea what had happened and just kept riding merrily along.. a close shave! It sure shocked the s*** out of me!

Proof that some deities are keeping an watchful eye over us.