Cyclist nearly wipes out Clarkson.

Conor wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>, Peter
> B says...
>
>>> As well as "red
>>> lights don't apply to me, the pavement is for riding on and I can
>>> always use my feet to brake if the blocks are shot."

>> Hehe, the usual stereotypical ********.
>>

> I can walk out onto any street and take a picture of any of the above
> without waiting more than a couple of minutes.

Isn't that how you'd expect and eight year old to behave?

I submit that on or about Sat, 4 Jun 2005 11:57:25 +0100, the person
known to the court as Conor <[email protected]> made a statement
(<[email protected]> in Your Honour's
bundle) to the following effect:

>I can walk out onto any street and take a picture of any of the above
>without waiting more than a couple of minutes.

Data not disputed, your interpretation flawed.

"A key finding which should be noted was that, when commenting on the
scenarios it was usually the behaviour of the cyclist that was
criticised – no matter how small the misdemeanour. Few links were made
between the cyclist’s behaviour and any external influences that could
be affecting their choice of behaviour; i.e. the respondents’ comments
indicated that they thought the cyclist’s actions were inherent and
dispositional behaviours. In contrast, the motorists’ misdemeanours
were excused or justified in terms of the situational influences. As
this tendency seemed to continue across the groups and the individual
depth interviews and was unprompted, it is unlikely that group
dynamics had any significant effect on this finding. [...] This aligns
with the psychological prediction of targeting of members of an ‘out
group’"

Transport Research Laboratory research report 549, 2003

What evidence do you have that more than a minority of *any* group of
road users obeys all the rules all the time? I can show you some
evidence that those rule infractions are more likely in some groups
than others to result in death or serious injury.

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...
> Sleeker GT Phwoar ([email protected]) gurgled happily,
> sounding much like they were saying :
>
> > Nah, 4" tailpipe is mediocre these days. One of the better known custom
> > maker franchises is offering 4"x12" "letterbox" tailpipes on it's
> > systems.

> FFS. I've seen smaller bootlids.

Now this one, while faitly artistic, is just stupid.
http://www.performance3000.com/images/gallery/2b.jpg

And yes MR2's do have twin tailpipes.
--
Carl Robson