Cyclist who wore thong found dead in Big Bend

Brian Roth

Guest
Cyclist who wore thong found dead in Big Bend

BIG BEND NATIONAL PARK -- A man who drew attention for wearing only a thong while riding his bicycle
in San Antonio has been found dead in a park, authorities said Monday.

The nude body of Joseph Gottschalk, 52, of San Antonio was discovered Saturday afternoon by some
visitors at Big Bend National Park, park spokesman David Elkowitz said.

The body was discovered about 100 feet below the south rim, on a ledge, Elkowitz said. Gottschalk
died as the result of a fall.

Justice of the Peace Shirley Williams told The Associated Press that autopsy results are pending.
The National Park Service is investigating, Elkowitz said.

"brian roth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Cyclist who wore thong found dead in Big Bend
>
> BIG BEND NATIONAL PARK -- A man who drew attention for wearing only a thong while riding his
> bicycle in San Antonio has been found dead in a park, authorities said Monday.
>
> The nude body of Joseph Gottschalk, 52, of San Antonio was discovered Saturday afternoon by some
> visitors at Big Bend National Park, park spokesman David Elkowitz said.
>
> The body was discovered about 100 feet below the south rim, on a ledge, Elkowitz said. Gottschalk
> died as the result of a fall.
>
> Justice of the Peace Shirley Williams told The Associated Press that autopsy results are pending.
> The National Park Service is investigating, Elkowitz said.

Was he wearing a helmet?

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 11:49:39 +0200, "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"brian roth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> Cyclist who wore thong found dead in Big Bend
>>
>> BIG BEND NATIONAL PARK -- A man who drew attention for wearing only a thong while riding his
>> bicycle in San Antonio has been found dead in a park, authorities said Monday.
>>
>> The nude body of Joseph Gottschalk, 52, of San Antonio was discovered Saturday afternoon by some
>> visitors at Big Bend National Park, park spokesman David Elkowitz said.
>>
>> The body was discovered about 100 feet below the south rim, on a ledge, Elkowitz said. Gottschalk
>> died as the result of a fall.
>>
>> Justice of the Peace Shirley Williams told The Associated Press that autopsy results are pending.
>> The National Park Service is investigating, Elkowitz said.
>
>Was he wearing a helmet?

ROTFL Thanks, Ronde Chimp

"Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> "brian roth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Cyclist who wore thong found dead in Big Bend
> >
> > BIG BEND NATIONAL PARK -- A man who drew attention for wearing only a thong while riding his
> > bicycle in San Antonio has been found dead in a park, authorities said Monday.
> >
> > The nude body of Joseph Gottschalk, 52, of San Antonio was discovered Saturday afternoon by some
> > visitors at Big Bend National Park, park spokesman David Elkowitz said.
> >
> > The body was discovered about 100 feet below the south rim, on a ledge, Elkowitz said.
> > Gottschalk died as the result of a fall.

> Was he wearing a helmet?

POTM.

My brother in Texas tells me that a week or so before his death Gottschalk was arrested while
wearing a tan colored bag over his genitals. Evidently having an exposed anus is illegal in Texas.

--
Mike Murray

> >"brian roth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> Cyclist who wore thong found dead in Big Bend
> >>
> >> BIG BEND NATIONAL PARK -- A man who drew attention for wearing only a thong while riding his
> >> bicycle in San Antonio has been found dead in a park, authorities said Monday.
> >>
> >> The nude body of Joseph Gottschalk, 52, of San Antonio was discovered Saturday afternoon by
> >> some visitors at Big Bend National Park, park spokesman David Elkowitz said.

Please don't post stories like this to rec.bicycles.racing. It's got nothing to do with racing.

Thanks,

JT

NB: reply-to address is munged

Visit http://www.jt10000.com

news:<UAKLa.24702$N%[email protected]>...
> Please don't post stories like this to rec.bicycles.racing. It's got nothing to do with racing.
>
> Thanks,
>
> JT

OK! The next time that I (or the original poster, or anyone else, as we can all only hope) happen to
have news about a thong-wearing nutball dying and making like a naked raisin in the West Texas sun,
we'll remember NOT to post it here, but somewhere else, righteous friend! Thank you for helping us
all see the light! Your own post was truly ILLUMINATING!!!

What a dumbass. FYI, this isn't USENET anymore, it's just another endless thread on the goddamn web.
And if your connection truly gets bent out of shape by an occasional non-spam,
mis-directed-but-well-intentioned posting, then maybe you'd best just give up entirely and return to
channel-surfing your cable TV...

Julio Steen wrote:

>>Please don't post stories like this to rec.bicycles.racing. It's got nothing to do with racing.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>JT
>

> What a dumbass. FYI, this isn't USENET anymore, it's just another

phttttt... you're wrong, he was right

Jay Hill <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<3f02d088$0$838$>
> phttttt... you're wrong, he was right

Actually, you're right, Jay. I was in some kinda mood or something when I tossed off that smart-ass
followup for no real reason. My genuine apologies to JFT (espec for calling him a dumbass) and to
the guy who died (for making fun at his sad expense).

-- Julio