Cyclist who wore thong found dead in Big Bend

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Brian Roth, Jun 26, 2003.

  1. Brian Roth

    Brian Roth Guest

    Cyclist who wore thong found dead in Big Bend

    BIG BEND NATIONAL PARK -- A man who drew attention for wearing only a thong while riding his bicycle
    in San Antonio has been found dead in a park, authorities said Monday.

    The nude body of Joseph Gottschalk, 52, of San Antonio was discovered Saturday afternoon by some
    visitors at Big Bend National Park, park spokesman David Elkowitz said.

    The body was discovered about 100 feet below the south rim, on a ledge, Elkowitz said. Gottschalk
    died as the result of a fall.

    Justice of the Peace Shirley Williams told The Associated Press that autopsy results are pending.
    The National Park Service is investigating, Elkowitz said.

    Tags:

  2. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

    "brian roth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:ebf01652.0306261056.[email protected]...
    > Cyclist who wore thong found dead in Big Bend
    >
    > BIG BEND NATIONAL PARK -- A man who drew attention for wearing only a thong while riding his
    > bicycle in San Antonio has been found dead in a park, authorities said Monday.
    >
    > The nude body of Joseph Gottschalk, 52, of San Antonio was discovered Saturday afternoon by some
    > visitors at Big Bend National Park, park spokesman David Elkowitz said.
    >
    > The body was discovered about 100 feet below the south rim, on a ledge, Elkowitz said. Gottschalk
    > died as the result of a fall.
    >
    > Justice of the Peace Shirley Williams told The Associated Press that autopsy results are pending.
    > The National Park Service is investigating, Elkowitz said.

    Was he wearing a helmet?

  3. Ronde Chimp

    Ronde Chimp Guest

    On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 11:49:39 +0200, "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"brian roth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> Cyclist who wore thong found dead in Big Bend
    >>
    >> BIG BEND NATIONAL PARK -- A man who drew attention for wearing only a thong while riding his
    >> bicycle in San Antonio has been found dead in a park, authorities said Monday.
    >>
    >> The nude body of Joseph Gottschalk, 52, of San Antonio was discovered Saturday afternoon by some
    >> visitors at Big Bend National Park, park spokesman David Elkowitz said.
    >>
    >> The body was discovered about 100 feet below the south rim, on a ledge, Elkowitz said. Gottschalk
    >> died as the result of a fall.
    >>
    >> Justice of the Peace Shirley Williams told The Associated Press that autopsy results are pending.
    >> The National Park Service is investigating, Elkowitz said.
    >
    >Was he wearing a helmet?

    ROTFL Thanks, Ronde Chimp

  4. K. J. Papai

    K. J. Papai Guest

    "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > "brian roth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Cyclist who wore thong found dead in Big Bend
    > >
    > > BIG BEND NATIONAL PARK -- A man who drew attention for wearing only a thong while riding his
    > > bicycle in San Antonio has been found dead in a park, authorities said Monday.
    > >
    > > The nude body of Joseph Gottschalk, 52, of San Antonio was discovered Saturday afternoon by some
    > > visitors at Big Bend National Park, park spokesman David Elkowitz said.
    > >
    > > The body was discovered about 100 feet below the south rim, on a ledge, Elkowitz said.
    > > Gottschalk died as the result of a fall.

    > Was he wearing a helmet?

    POTM.

  5. Mike Murray

    Mike Murray Guest

    My brother in Texas tells me that a week or so before his death Gottschalk was arrested while
    wearing a tan colored bag over his genitals. Evidently having an exposed anus is illegal in Texas.

    --
    Mike Murray

    > >"brian roth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >news:[email protected]...
    > >> Cyclist who wore thong found dead in Big Bend
    > >>
    > >> BIG BEND NATIONAL PARK -- A man who drew attention for wearing only a thong while riding his
    > >> bicycle in San Antonio has been found dead in a park, authorities said Monday.
    > >>
    > >> The nude body of Joseph Gottschalk, 52, of San Antonio was discovered Saturday afternoon by
    > >> some visitors at Big Bend National Park, park spokesman David Elkowitz said.

  6. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

  7. Nev Shea

    Nev Shea Guest

    "Mike Murray" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > My brother in Texas tells me that a week or so before his death Gottschalk was arrested while
    > wearing a tan colored bag over his genitals. Evidently having an exposed anus is illegal in Texas.

    I think that was only if you exposed your anus to a gay man, and the Supreme Court just struck
    that law down.

    You can read more about that here:

    http://www.whitehouse.org/news/2003/062703.asp

    heh

    NS

  8. Please don't post stories like this to rec.bicycles.racing. It's got nothing to do with racing.

    Thanks,

    JT

    NB: reply-to address is munged

    Visit http://www.jt10000.com

  9. Julio Steen

    Julio Steen Guest

    news:<UAKLa.24702$N%[email protected]>...
    > Please don't post stories like this to rec.bicycles.racing. It's got nothing to do with racing.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > JT

    OK! The next time that I (or the original poster, or anyone else, as we can all only hope) happen to
    have news about a thong-wearing nutball dying and making like a naked raisin in the West Texas sun,
    we'll remember NOT to post it here, but somewhere else, righteous friend! Thank you for helping us
    all see the light! Your own post was truly ILLUMINATING!!!

    What a dumbass. FYI, this isn't USENET anymore, it's just another endless thread on the goddamn web.
    And if your connection truly gets bent out of shape by an occasional non-spam,
    mis-directed-but-well-intentioned posting, then maybe you'd best just give up entirely and return to
    channel-surfing your cable TV...

  10. Jay Hill

    Jay Hill Guest

    Julio Steen wrote:

    >>Please don't post stories like this to rec.bicycles.racing. It's got nothing to do with racing.
    >>
    >>Thanks,
    >>
    >>JT
    >

    > What a dumbass. FYI, this isn't USENET anymore, it's just another

    phttttt... you're wrong, he was right

  11. Julio Steen

    Julio Steen Guest

    Jay Hill <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<3f02d088$0$838$>
    > phttttt... you're wrong, he was right

    Actually, you're right, Jay. I was in some kinda mood or something when I tossed off that smart-ass
    followup for no real reason. My genuine apologies to JFT (espec for calling him a dumbass) and to
    the guy who died (for making fun at his sad expense).

    -- Julio

  12. Danny Callen

    Danny Callen Guest