Cyclists are more attractive, live longer and...

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by get fast, Jan 14, 2015.

1. get fast

get fast New Member

2. Froze

Froze Well-Known Member

That site can't be viewed at least by my computer.

If that is true then I broke the mold.

3. limerickman

limerickman Moderator

Same here, Froze.

4. Lizel

Lizel Active Member

"This page has not been published, because the webmaster is using a demo of Sandvox."
    That is what appears if you try to read the article.
    Generally if you exercise (also cycle) you live more healthy.

5. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWench Member

I have a question: Does cycling rearrange your face to make you more attractive or are you inherently more attractive because you live longer? :D

6. mikka254

mikka254 New Member

Exercise is good for the body and it is easier to look younger and more attractive through proper exercise and so that article might have some truth to it although I can't open the link that you just posted.

7. OGRICHBOI

OGRICHBOI New Member

I agree with the statements you have made (however I cannot open that link). I have received compliments on my new physique by some co-workers at my job. Even by the girl who I check out every so often, and I plan on asking her to grab some coffee soon. Overall, cycling has changed my life and my body for the better.

8. haleema

haleema New Member

There is always an element of some risk in all activities but you can choose to act in a safe or unsafe manner. Done correctly the benefits far outweigh the risks.

9. shilpa123

shilpa123 New Member

Cycling definitely helps you to become a better person. A lot of people including me, are much more healthy by cycling. It should be made as part and parcel of one's living.

10. Dora M

Dora M Member

Obviously, cycling tones your muscles and makes you feel great in body and mind. I don't know if my face is looking any better from it, I suspect I have more freckles from the sun. But I can definitely say that my posterior is in really fine shape these days. And so are my legs. I am happy with that. :)

11. lordrenly

lordrenly New Member

Yes, I noticed also the change in my overall physique because of cycling. I don't know if there are any changes in my face because of cycling but I guess it makes sense that the change in body fat percentage can reflect on your face as well.

Not only that, my positive attitude that carries over from accomplishing small goals during my cycling training also helps me to be a more liked person. I noticed I was commended by my boss because of that.

12. Kiprasn

Kiprasn New Member

And makes your stamina get better, makes you feel better, you feel more alive when getting the sensation of wind on your face. Also ir makes your legs stronger, they look better and all in all you can get only benefits from it. Plus losing weight for who needs that too.

13. BeachyKeen

BeachyKeen New Member

Re: the sun, I read an article recently (although I can't find it now sorry) that runners tend to look older than they actually are because their faces get a lot more sun damage. I'm guessing the same would be true for cyclists. However you are right, the shapely posterior is a side effect of cycling that more than makes up for a few wrinkles!

14. DancingLady

DancingLady Member

Fitness leads to better health. Healthy people are usually more attractive than unhealthy people. It's just a generalization though. Individual people will rate the attractiveness of individuals very differently because it's all a matter of opinion in the end.

15. BeachyKeen

BeachyKeen New Member

I would say there's definitely a positive a correlation between fitness/health and attractiveness. I think from an evolutionary standpoint we're hardwired to find health attractive, so cyclists definitely have that going :)

16. Femiluv

Femiluv New Member

Cyclists have great looking legs and good glutes, which I guess makes them more attractive? hahaha. Doesn't exercise in general make people more attractive? Cyclists are doing something right!

17. Connie858

Connie858 New Member

Ironically I read something that was almost the exact opposite relating to Vitamin D which the body can produce naturally itself from exposure to the sun. It basically said that the highest rates of Vit D deficiency was amongst athletes, runners and cyclists because they cover up too much and use too much sun block to allow the UV light to get to their skin which is needed to for the body to produce its own Vit D. This article is pro supplementation (I'm not in this aspect) but it still makes for an interesting read
    http://running.competitor.com/2014/03/nutrition/vitamin-d-and-endurance-exercise_6776

This is another article (a couple of years old now) but also pro supplementation but with a little more substance.
    http://www.bases.org.uk/write/Documents/BASES_AUTUMN_24_25.pdf

You only need to have your face and hands exposed to direct sunlight 3 times a week for 15 minutes for your body to produce enough Vit D, though apparently at the latitude the UK is at, there is insufficient sunlight (quality?) between October and March for the natural synthesis of Vit D3. (Some days I wonder how the human race survived this long!).

There must be an awful lot of athletes out there using a hell of a lot of sun block all the time!

18. kana_marie

kana_marie Member

That's the exact reason I decided to start. I'm not really vain but if I can do something fun and relaxing and the consequence is that I'll look better, then oh yeah! I'm doing it!

19. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

In my case alcohol tends to make some people more attractive.

20. JSWin

JSWin Member

Joan Mcwrench wants to know if cycling rearranges your face to make it more attractive. Funny, but there is a real reason. You see more attractive really has nothing to do with aesthetic looks. Superficiality is only skin deep. This is not attractive, you know just to be aesthetically handsome or beautiful. Riding a bike actually does make you more attractive, if your inner personality is as beautiful. If your face is not so attractive and your inner personality is emanating out of you.
    Kinda deep. It gives you this state of mind that radiates confidence and really something that is incredibly magnetic. So the two together, ones great inner core with nature. The outside becomes more attractive in that. Its like a whole combination of magnetism. It is not just about actually aesthetics that makes anyone more attractive.
    The body clearly becomes more attractive if you actually ride a lot and eat right. Attitude, character, and personality are the crux of what makes anyone irresistible and alluring. There is nothing attractive about a person who is gorgeous with a bad attitude and no character other than the looks themselves. This to me is unattractive. The whole package is more.