Cyclists disagree however: "Central London is paradise"

M Series

Guest
That's what it says in this article http://www.news.jobserve.com/NewsStory.asp?e=e&SID=SID1951 on
congestion charging.

I no longer drive or cycle into any city centre so personally CC would not affect me on a daily
basis. I would of course like to see safer cities for cyclists. When I did work in Leeds I pledged
to reduce my car usage by at least 20% by cycling or using the bus one day each week.

"M Series" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> That's what it says in this article http://www.news.jobserve.com/NewsStory.asp?e=e&SID=SID1951 on
> congestion charging.
>
> I no longer drive or cycle into any city centre so personally CC would not affect me on a daily
> basis. I would of course like to see safer cities for cyclists. When I did work in Leeds I pledged
> to reduce my car usage by at least 20% by cycling or using the bus one day each week.

Of course the CC affects those who neither "drive or cycle" too by hopefully funding better
public transport, reducing congestion for easier pedestrian access and reducing polution for the
sake of us all.

I fully agree with what you are saying, I hope I implied that I do not travel into city centres on a
daily basis by any means of transport.

"Stephen (aka steford)" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "M Series" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > That's what it says in this article http://www.news.jobserve.com/NewsStory.asp?e=e&SID=SID1951
> > on congestion charging.
> >
> > I no longer drive or cycle into any city centre so personally CC would
not
> > affect me on a daily basis. I would of course like to see safer cities
for
> > cyclists. When I did work in Leeds I pledged to reduce my car usage by
at
> > least 20% by cycling or using the bus one day each week.
> >
> Of course the CC affects those who neither "drive or cycle" too by
hopefully
> funding better public transport, reducing congestion for easier pedestrian access and reducing
> polution for the sake of us all.

"Central London is paradise. I cycle every day and have noticed a dramatic change."

I cycle daily in central London. There are fewer tin boxes, yes, but the number of holes in the
road, half-blind bus drivers and suicidal headless chickens, er, pedestrians is the same as it ever
was. And you still have to get to the CC Zone; areas such as Tottenham Broadway, for example, are
the same as ever.

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

"M Series" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I fully agree with what you are saying, I hope I implied that I do not travel into city centres on
> a daily basis by any means of transport.

Yeh I figured as much. Just pointing out that it's not just cars and bikes. I guess yours is the
most environmentaly sound solution of them all.