Cyclist's life worth #135 in the eyes of the law.

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Bagbourne, Jan 26, 2003.

  1. Bagbourne

    Bagbourne Guest

    On cyclingnews.com this morning: http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/?id=2003/jan03/jan18news

    Some fuckwit motorist drives into a cyclist. Kills him, gets 6 penalty points and a 135 pound fine.

    What is happening here? What is a life worth?

    This is just representative of thousands of dangerous, reckless, careless, arrogant, aggressive
    drivers out there running up a huge toll in injuries, deaths and insurance losses because
    politicians are too fucking SPINELESS to stand up to them...

    Apart from Ken Livingston. Hooray for Ken! Ken Livingston for PM!!!!!!!!

    I think I'm going to stroll down the street toting a large, sharp axe around. I can "handle" it, I
    know what I'm doing. And if someone happens to get hurt, well, I didn't *MEAN* to do it did I? It's
    just an *accident*, just one of those things.

    That word "accident" should not be used.

    Animal

    Tags:

  2. >Some fuckwit motorist drives into a cyclist. Kills him, gets 6 penalty points and a 135 pound fine.

    Yes - already notified on this NG. It is appalling. She was a granny - she didn't mean it - she said
    sorry. The fact she overtook the cyclist when it was unsafe to do so and without even crossing the
    central white line... words fail.
    :(

    helen s

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~

  3. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On 18 Jan 2003 22:06:03 GMT, [email protected] (wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter) wrote:

    >words fail

    Not on uk.tosspot they don't. Apparently I'm blinkered for thinking that this sentence (and several
    others I won't depress you with) is inadequate. Obviously the blinkers are the result of being both
    cyclist and driver - all I have to do to gain a more balanced perspective is give up the cycling.

    Guy
    ===
    dynamic DNS permitting)
    work. Apologies.

  4. Tony W

    Tony W Guest

    > On 18 Jan 2003 22:06:03 GMT, [email protected] (wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter) wrote:
    >
    > >words fail
    >
    > Not on uk.tosspot they don't. Apparently I'm blinkered for thinking that this sentence (and
    > several others I won't depress you with) is inadequate.

    Given the source that must be considered a compliment :)

    > Obviously the blinkers are the result of being both cyclist and driver - all I have to do to gain
    > a more balanced perspective is give up the cycling.

    That would be silly.