UK and Europe · Public discussion

Cyclists, motorways and pseudomotorways

Started by Epetruk · · Last activity · 1 post · 559 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
29 December 2004
Last activity
29 December 2004
Original author
Epetruk
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
559
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I know that cyclists are forbidden to cycle on motorways. I'm guessing that
    the intent here is to prevent cyclists from being injured by fast moving
    cars.

    My thinking is, if this is the case, why not extend the ban to
    pseudomotorways? (I define a pseudomotorway as a dual carriageway roads
    where the speed limit is 50-60mph but in reality is often exceeded -
    examples in London are the A13 and parts of the A3.)

    Or alternatively, lift the ban on cyclists on motorways and let them use
    their discretion and decide whether they want to ride alongside fast moving
    cars. I'm sure most cyclists would happily stay off such roads even without
    a ban.

    --
    Akin

    aknak at aksoto dot idps dot co dot uk

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.