Cyclists need good manners

On Jan 11, 8:31 am, "PeteSig" <[email protected]> wrote:

> While I am aware of the thread by Andrew J about the tool on St Kilda Rd,
> can you say that cyclists do these sorts of things to you?

Some would if they could - there are some regular prongs out on bikes
too ... branches are a little difficult to carry and swing, but a pump
has been used; stubbies aren't generally carried but bidons have been
flung ... and if one could carry and point a rifle on a bike, several
of us might be doing it on a regular basis.

Donga

"Donga" wrote:

> "PeteSig" wrote:
>
>> While I am aware of the thread by Andrew J about the tool on St Kilda Rd,
>> can you say that cyclists do these sorts of things to you?

> Some would if they could - there are some regular prongs out on bikes
> too ... branches are a little difficult to carry and swing, but a pump
> has been used; stubbies aren't generally carried but bidons have been
> flung ... and if one could carry and point a rifle on a bike, several
> of us might be doing it on a regular basis.

Whoaaah! Brisbane certainly must have a very different cycling culture :0

--
Cheers
Peter

~~~ ~ _@
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*)

On Jan 11, 11:43 am, "PeteSig" <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Donga" wrote:
> > "PeteSig" wrote:

> >> While I am aware of the thread by Andrew J about the tool on St Kilda Rd,
> >> can you say that cyclists do these sorts of things to you?

> > Some would if they could - there are some regular prongs out on bikes
> > too ... branches are a little difficult to carry and swing, but a pump
> > has been used; stubbies aren't generally carried but bidons have been
> > flung ... and if one could carry and point a rifle on a bike, several
> > of us might be doing it on a regular basis.

> Whoaaah! Brisbane certainly must have a very different cycling culture :0
>
> --
> Cheers
> Peter
>
> ~~~ ~ _@
> ~~ ~ _- \,
> ~~ (*)/ (*)

Yeah, ask yourself punk, do you feel lucky? Go ahead, make my day,
just try that left hook.
;)

PeteSig wrote:
> "Zebee Johnstone" wrote:
>

>>>So far I haven't had a rifle pointed at me by a cyclist. I haven't had a
>>>beer can thrown at me by a cyclist. I haven't had a lengthy tree branch
>>>swung at my back by a cyclist.

>>You don't know that.

> I don't know *what*??

Forget it. You are attempting to argue with a pair of trolls of
exceeding stupidity. They stand for nothing and their words mean nothing.

On 2008-01-11, PeteSig (aka Bruce)
> "Donga" wrote:
>> "PeteSig" wrote:
>>
>>> While I am aware of the thread by Andrew J about the tool on St Kilda Rd,
>>> can you say that cyclists do these sorts of things to you?

>> Some would if they could - there are some regular prongs out on bikes
>> too ... branches are a little difficult to carry and swing, but a pump
>> has been used; stubbies aren't generally carried but bidons have been
>> flung ... and if one could carry and point a rifle on a bike, several
>> of us might be doing it on a regular basis.

> Whoaaah! Brisbane certainly must have a very different cycling culture :0

Some people in the I Hate Shane Miller club have been known to
unsuccessfully wield pumps in the spokes of the lama's bicycle.

--
TimC
PUBLIC NOTICE AS REQUIRED BY LAW: Any Use of This Product, in Any Manner

"PeteSig" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

<snip>

> While I am aware of the thread by Andrew J about the tool on St Kilda Rd,
> can you say that cyclists do these sorts of things to you?

Nope, but then neither do motorists. I haven't had so much as a driveby
vowel movement for months. It's not as if I haven't been on the bike either.
Nor do I hide, my commute takes me down St Georges Rd, along Brunswick St to
the top and then down Victoria Pde in Latrobe where I stay until I get to
Williams St. I stay well out from the gutter, generally don't use the cycle
path on St Georges Rd for a variety of reasons and take the lane properly
where appropriate. I just do not get any abuse...I suspect it has something
to do with the way I ride but I wonder at people who seem to think that the
road is full of drivers who are aggressive towards cyclists in general.

In aus.bicycle on Sat, 12 Jan 2008 00:35:15 +1100
Resound <[email protected]> wrote:
> Williams St. I stay well out from the gutter, generally don't use the cycle
> path on St Georges Rd for a variety of reasons and take the lane properly
> where appropriate. I just do not get any abuse...I suspect it has something
> to do with the way I ride but I wonder at people who seem to think that the
> road is full of drivers who are aggressive towards cyclists in general.

I get the occasional howling noise, but as they don't enunciate I
can't tell if it's abuse or praise.

I don't get attacked either, but that may well be a function of
location.

I seldom ride where hoons gather, so I don't come across many bored
lads in riced up heaps trying to be men and failing. If your riding
takes you to such places, then I suspect as the ******** population
rises, so does the chance of someone expressing their arseholery at
you.

It may be that some people attract arseholery, but as the thinking
processes (such as they are) of the average urban-idiot are a mystery
to me I dunno what would be the trigger.

I seem to recall a while back people comparing the places they'd been
attacked in and it concentrating to a few areas which were of a
socio-economic kind.

Being on the fringes of the InnerWest of Sydney the arseholes I see
are all driving Mercs and are on phones, any roadmanners problems they
have are a function of not paying attention, rather than paying nasty
attention.

Zebee