Cyclists protest in Kiev

news:[email protected]...

http://search.bbc.co.uk/cgi-bin/search/results.pl?tab=ns&q=cyclist&recipe=all&scope=all&edition=d

> Hundreds of cyclists have taken to the streets of the Ukraine capital,
> Kiev, in a protest over road safety.
>
> The demonstration was prompted by the death of a man killed by a car
> while riding his bike earlier this year.
> Not a Critical Mass, I don't think.

And we think we've got it bad! There is something inhuman about those who
will let anyone lay injured in the road for three hours.

--
David Lloyd,
The pub is responsible for my opinions.

David Lloyd wrote:
> "spindrift" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Cool, video, top right corner:
> >

> http://search.bbc.co.uk/cgi-bin/search/results.pl?tab=ns&q=cyclist&recipe=all&scope=all&edition=d
> >

> > Hundreds of cyclists have taken to the streets of the Ukraine capital,
> > Kiev, in a protest over road safety.
> >
> > The demonstration was prompted by the death of a man killed by a car
> > while riding his bike earlier this year.
> > Not a Critical Mass, I don't think.
> >

> And we think we've got it bad! There is something inhuman about those who
> will let anyone lay injured in the road for three hours.

I thought the chalk outlines was a very effective visual statement.

...d

In article <[email protected]>
spindrift <[email protected]> wrote:
> Cool, video, top right corner:
>

> http://search.bbc.co.uk/cgi-bin/search/results.pl?tab=ns&q=cyclist&recipe=all&scope=all&edition=d
>

> Hundreds of cyclists have taken to the streets of the Ukraine capital,
> Kiev, in a protest over road safety.
>
> The demonstration was prompted by the death of a man killed by a car
> while riding his bike earlier this year.
> Not a Critical Mass, I don't think.

Bandwidth on that site is so poor as to make it unwatchable. :-(

In article <A%E%[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...
> "spindrift" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Cool, video, top right corner:
> >

> http://search.bbc.co.uk/cgi-bin/search/results.pl?tab=ns&q=cyclist&recipe=all&scope=all&edition=d
> >

> > Hundreds of cyclists have taken to the streets of the Ukraine capital,
> > Kiev, in a protest over road safety.
> >
> > The demonstration was prompted by the death of a man killed by a car
> > while riding his bike earlier this year.
> > Not a Critical Mass, I don't think.
> >

> And we think we've got it bad! There is something inhuman about those who
> will let anyone lay injured in the road for three hours.

My wife was hit a year ago by a trailer pulled by a van, she
ended up lying on the road, three cars squeezed passed her
before she could crawl out of danger.
--
Cheers
the.Mark

On 25 Oct 2006 03:24:02 -0700, "David Martin"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>David Lloyd wrote:
>> "spindrift" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>> > Cool, video, top right corner:
>> >

>> http://search.bbc.co.uk/cgi-bin/search/results.pl?tab=ns&q=cyclist&recipe=all&scope=all&edition=d
>> >

>> > Hundreds of cyclists have taken to the streets of the Ukraine capital,
>> > Kiev, in a protest over road safety.
>> >
>> > The demonstration was prompted by the death of a man killed by a car
>> > while riding his bike earlier this year.
>> > Not a Critical Mass, I don't think.
>> >

>> And we think we've got it bad! There is something inhuman about those who
>> will let anyone lay injured in the road for three hours.

>I thought the chalk outlines was a very effective visual statement.

Will the benefits of making more drivers aware of the dangers
cyclists' face outweigh the detrimental affect of people's perception
of cycling as a dangerous activity?

The best advertisements for cyclists' road safety is positive images
of drivers and cyclists looking out for each other and sharing their
space in a polite and friendly manner - IMO.