Cyclists shave their legs to 'look good'

On Aug 10, 11:13 am, byron27 <byron27.2v2...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> While i would do it either way, when it is wet, with shaved legs you
> can chuck massage oil on and the water beads off your legs as opposed
> to having wet hair locking the water onto your legs.

I prefer to use a towel. YMMV.

On Aug 9, 5:22 pm, cfsmtb <cfsmtb.2v1...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> [email protected] Wrote:
>

> > So, if I'm reading that article correctly, bicycle clubs are full of
> > posers who hold clothing in high regard, with mysterious "codes" (aka
> > unwritten rules that you discover by breaking them and getting yelled
> > at by other members).

> Hehehe, but nowhere as vicious as moto clubs or the Freemasons, ie:
> wearing gang colours, patches, leather aprons and all that palavar eh?
> At their very worst, lycra lizards are liable just to spit you out the
> back of the bunch, instead of smashing kneecaps or follow obligations
> to the oaths of secrecy. ;)
>
> --
> cfsmtb

:) I'm not much of a club member type person. I don't think I'd be
in the bunch long enough to get spat out the back, I'd be more like a
rolling roadblock!

On Aug 9, 7:30 pm, TimC <[email protected]
astro.swin.edu.au> wrote:
> On 2007-08-09, [email protected] (aka Bruce)
>

> > On Aug 9, 12:29 pm, cfsmtb <cfsmtb.2v1...@no-
> > mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> >> Well that's a big der fred, after believing it was all about clean wound
> >> theory and weight weenie stuff.

> >> Cyclists shave their legs to 'look good'http://tinyurl.com/2d7rz3

> >> In further Signs and Wonders, I actually saw a bicycle locked up at the
> >> loops at VicRoads HQ on Demark St. Will wonders never cease?

> > So, if I'm reading that article correctly, bicycle clubs are full of
> > posers who hold clothing in high regard, with mysterious "codes" (aka
> > unwritten rules that you discover by breaking them and getting yelled
> > at by other members).

> > Hmmm, I think I'll stick to getting around by riding in normal clothes
> > and going for the odd social trundle with my local BUG :)

> Gee, I can't imagine newspapers ever getting their facts slightly
> wonky and exagerating and performing selective editing now. Can you?
>
> I say educate yourself and stop being ignorant. Then discover what
> cycling clubs are really like. I suggest perhaps starting with a
> touring club -- that's where I started.
>
> --
> TimC
> I read [.doc files] with "rm". All you lose is the microsoft-specific
> font selections, the macro viruses and the luser babblings.
> -- Gary "Wolf" Barnes

Hook, line, sinker and copy of angling times :)

[email protected] wrote:
> byron27 wrote:

>> While i would do it either way, when it is wet, with shaved legs you
>> can chuck massage oil on and the water beads off your legs as opposed
>> to having wet hair locking the water onto your legs.

> I prefer to use a towel. YMMV.

And wet legs are much easier to dry than oily legs.

Theo

Theo Bekkers said:
[email protected] wrote:
> byron27 wrote:

>> While i would do it either way, when it is wet, with shaved legs you
>> can chuck massage oil on and the water beads off your legs as opposed
>> to having wet hair locking the water onto your legs.

> I prefer to use a towel. YMMV.

And wet legs are much easier to dry than oily legs.

Theo
Probably about 2 seconds easier....

Hairy legs absorb more oil,make it difficult for masseur to massage as they have to keep applying more.

Theo Bekkers wrote:

> ProfTournesol wrote:
> > Patrick Turner Wrote:

> >> There sure ain't no shortage of poseurs out on the roads.

> > good thing that cyclists are open minded enough to cater for poofs,
> > poseurs and dags:)

> The poofs would be the ones riding right up your ****? And the dags, of
> course, hang off the back end. :)
>
> Theo

Hmm, I imagine Mustangs now.

Can't fall off so must ang.

Patrick Turner.

> > > --
> > > cfsmtb

> While i would do it either way, when it is wet, with shaved legs you
> can chuck massage oil on and the water beads off your legs as opposed
> to having wet hair locking the water onto your legs.
>
> --
> byron27

I use olive oil and here its been 6C when I went out some days
in June/July.

I kidded myself the oils kept me warm; maybe it does by
reducing evaporation and the chill factor

Oil is better than nothing, but I don't go out in wet weather.
It's hardly rained here for a month, so there
will be water restrictions again...

Patrick Turner.