Cyclists vs motorcyclists

Corzhens

May 26, 2015
When our backyard door needed to be repaired, the carpenter happened to be a cyclist. He rode his bike in coming to our house which is a good 15 kilometers. He said that distance is not a problem. What scares him are the motorcycles. He was hit twice already. It's funny because a motorcyclist said the same thing against bikers. That means both kind of riders have the same bad culture on the road.

Sad to say but its true. Nowadays motorists are lack of discipline and whenever they hit someone, all blames to the victim. They stand for mistakes they commit and never reveal the truth scenario.

Taking the route meant for bikers and motorcyclists is the best way to reduce cases of such accidents and I always tell those close to me to be careful when riding to avoid situations where they get into accidents. The popular saying that we should ride our bike and monitor others should be applicable here to avoid issues as well.

I got hit once by a speeding scooter at night. Scooters, tricycles and motorcycles are a big problem for cyclist in the Philippines more so during nighttime when a lot of motorcycle riders are drunk. A biker without proper lighting and signaling equipment could easily be bumped and seriously injured.

I got hit once by a speeding scooter at night. Scooters, tricycles and motorcycles are a big problem for cyclist in the Philippines more so during nighttime when a lot of motorcycle riders are drunk. A biker without proper lighting and signaling equipment could easily be bumped and seriously injured.

This is really bad and I've got to blame the security agencies in part for not always handling the situation better. This is a situation where we aim to ride safely at night, but got hit by cars. If those drivers are arrested and charged on a daily basis, I'm pretty sure that the ugly incidents will reduce.

Yeah, motorcyclists and cyclists love getting into tighter spaces especially on the road and they just don't anticipate the speed of one so they fail to adjust accordingly compared to when watching against other cars on the road. They typically occupy the same lanes as well which lead to more chances of clashing, not only in terms of their vehicles but also in getting into heated arguments on the road.

Yeah, motorcyclists and cyclists love getting into tighter spaces especially on the road and they just don't anticipate the speed of one so they fail to adjust accordingly compared to when watching against other cars on the road. They typically occupy the same lanes as well which lead to more chances of clashing, not only in terms of their vehicles but also in getting into heated arguments on the road.

This is the reason the government agencies that are in charge of road and traffic should take out time to put everything in order by ensuring that the bike riders have got a good lane to ride. I'm talking about the lane that give them the freedom to ride their bikes without issues.

I think it's normal not to accept who's the responsible for the accident. That's why most of the time I wait for the enforcers or police just to explain my side. I don't need to talk to other driver because it will surely become a road rage.

I think it's normal not to accept who's the responsible for the accident. That's why most of the time I wait for the enforcers or police just to explain my side. I don't need to talk to other driver because it will surely become a road rage.

While it is sometimes a good idea not to talk the the other driver or rider, we should also have to realize that many situations will come where you'll be angered to the point where you react to prove a point. What I always do in those situations is to stay away and try as much as I could to avoid trouble for it can come at any time.

While it is sometimes a good idea not to talk the the other driver or rider, we should also have to realize that many situations will come where you'll be angered to the point where you react to prove a point. What I always do in those situations is to stay away and try as much as I could to avoid trouble for it can come at any time.

Right. Because both drivers was not in the good mood to talk about the accident, it will surely just ended up in an argument and the worst thing is by hurting each others physically. You're right, the best thing to do is to stay away from the driver and use your phone to take some pictures in different angle about the accident to gather solid information.

Much like wolves and deer, or snakes and mongooses, drivers and cyclists are natural enemies.

Okay, that was a bit of a (unfunny) joke, but there is truth to it. Anywhere you go, drivers of both cars and motorcycles constantly complain about cyclists. And on the other end, cyclists constantly complain about drivers.

The things is that, even as a cyclist, a lot of the time I have to agree with motorists. So many cyclists out there have zero awareness when it comes to road safety. They live in some strange limbo, not quite following the rules of pedestrian traffic, and not quite following the rules of motorist traffic. They simply do what is convenient for them rather than abiding by the law, which inevitably leads to accidents.

On the other end of the spectrum, motorists rarely give cyclists the space they require, which combined with reckless and impatient driving, also leads to accidents. I feel like cyclists and motorists will never live in harmony.