Cyclists watering holes. Advice needed.

rockingoose

Aug 24, 2012
Hi Folks.

I hope you might be able to help me. I have a friend who runs a local pub and we wanted to try to make the venue cyclist friendly. I won't mention the name or location as I am sure this would in breech of the forum rules. Briefly though, it is in a good location 18 miles from two large communities on the main road link between. There is good outdoor space and car parks etc.

The reason for the thread is to ask your advice as cyclists as to what facilities you feel would be of benefit to visiting riders. I know that basic security facilities and cycle parking area is a must, but you guys would know more about the other things you would like at a stop off venue. What type of menu? other facilities such as tools being available etc..

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

regards RG

A conveniently accessible water tap for the cyclists so that the staff doesn't have to be bothered by riders asking to have their water bottles topped off.

I'm with alienator on that one, also a few good healthy meal choices on the menu as we all know most if not all pub grub isn't really healthy at all innit..

Originally Posted by tottenham21 .

I'm with alienator on that one, also a few good healthy meal choices on the menu as we all know most if not all pub grub isn't really healthy at all innit..
Generally I'm not that concerned about the "healthy" so much as the "light" part of it (granted, the two usually go hand in hand) - mid ride, I'm NOT going to gobble down the same stuff I would post-ride, so some nice salads and sandwiches would probably be good menu options.