Cyclo Cross Advice

Nerris

Mar 25, 2010
Hi There!

I'm a bit of a road bike addict, I'm currently riding a Bianchi Nirone but I'm thinking of something that can take me "off road" in the lightest sense, without giving too much away in the road sense, and Cyclo Cross Bikes seem to be the way to go. I'm happy to spend up to a £1000, for a complete setup, but i have no idea what would represent a good brand in this category. I'm well aware that some people think my Bianchi is a poor choice for a road bike, but I love it so I'm not against an unorthodox choice! In any case, can anyone recommend some complete setups so I at least have an idea as to what to look for when arranging a test ride or three!?!?

Look forward to your help!

Use this site for reference:

2010 JAMIS BICYCLES - MOUNTAIN BIKES, ROAD BIKES, STREET BIKES, COMMUTING BIKES, SPORT COMFORT BIKES, CRUISERS, KIDS BIKES

Personally, I would probably get the base model JAMIS CODA (a flat bar bike) and swap out the bars, get some non-QS, 10-speed Campagnolo shifters, some cantilever brakes, and change other stuff on an as needed basis.

If you're a big fan of Shimano shifters and want a ready-to-ride bike, then the 2010 JAMIS BICYCLES - NOVA RACE should still be within your budget after VAT.

There are more expensive models ...

If 'I' bought a JAMIS (or, almost any other brand of bike), I would probably switch the shifters to a pair of Campagnolo shifters at some point in time, so it wouldn't matter which model I bought as much as to someone who was planning to use the shifters/etc. which come on the bike.