Cyclo-cross carbon fiber fork?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Colin Campbell, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. I am presently looking for a quality carbon fiber cyclo-cross fork. Any leads would be great.

    Thanx CC

    Tags:

  2. Tritonrider

    Tritonrider Guest

    >From: [email protected] (Colin Campbell)

    >I am presently looking for a quality carbon fiber cyclo-cross fork. Any leads would be great.
    >
    >Thanx CC

    Cyclo-cross world has them and Stu and Emily are great people.
    http://www.cyclocrossworld.com/ Bill C.

  3. Tim Mullin

    Tim Mullin Guest

    "Colin Campbell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I am presently looking for a quality carbon fiber cyclo-cross fork. Any leads would be great.

    www.chucksbikes.com/fo032.htm

    Is the one I have, and am quite happy with.

  4. Alpha Q makes one. Not cheap, but no question as to quality. Another high end model would be the
    Wound Up Cross fork. I use one and it is excellent. Dave "Colin Campbell"
    > I am presently looking for a quality carbon fiber cyclo-cross fork. Any leads would be great.
    >
    > Thanx CC

  5. bj049-<< I am presently looking for a quality carbon fiber cyclo-cross fork. Any leads would be
    great. >><BR><BR>

    Wound-up True Temper(formerly Alpha Q)

  6. Kendall

    Kendall Guest

  7. Sabine

    Sabine Guest

    [email protected] (Tom Kunich) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I am curious as to why you'd use a carbon fork instead of a steel one. Surely a carbon fork that
    > is strong enough to install cantilever bosses on has to weigh very close to what a steel fork
    > would. So what is the savings considering a carbon fork is so expensive in comparison to a steel
    > fork which, if it does fail, will usually do so in a more user friendly manner?

    they are much lighter and pretty

    http://www.pbase.com/image/8206210

    Sabine

  8. In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (sabine) wrote:

    > [email protected] (Tom Kunich) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > I am curious as to why you'd use a carbon fork instead of a steel one. Surely a carbon fork that
    > > is strong enough to install cantilever bosses on has to weigh very close to what a steel fork
    > > would. So what is the savings considering a carbon fork is so expensive in comparison to a steel
    > > fork which, if it does fail, will usually do so in a more user friendly manner?
    >
    > they are much lighter and pretty
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/image/8206210
    >
    > Sabine

    Sabine is absolutely right: