Cyclo-cross carbon fiber fork?

Colin Campbell

Guest
I am presently looking for a quality carbon fiber cyclo-cross fork. Any leads would be great.

Thanx CC

Alpha Q makes one. Not cheap, but no question as to quality. Another high end model would be the
Wound Up Cross fork. I use one and it is excellent. Dave "Colin Campbell"
> I am presently looking for a quality carbon fiber cyclo-cross fork. Any leads would be great.
>
> Thanx CC

bj049-<< I am presently looking for a quality carbon fiber cyclo-cross fork. Any leads would be
great. >><BR><BR>

Wound-up True Temper(formerly Alpha Q)

[email protected] (Tom Kunich) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> I am curious as to why you'd use a carbon fork instead of a steel one. Surely a carbon fork that
> is strong enough to install cantilever bosses on has to weigh very close to what a steel fork
> would. So what is the savings considering a carbon fork is so expensive in comparison to a steel
> fork which, if it does fail, will usually do so in a more user friendly manner?

they are much lighter and pretty

http://www.pbase.com/image/8206210

Sabine

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (sabine) wrote:

> [email protected] (Tom Kunich) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > I am curious as to why you'd use a carbon fork instead of a steel one. Surely a carbon fork that
> > is strong enough to install cantilever bosses on has to weigh very close to what a steel fork
> > would. So what is the savings considering a carbon fork is so expensive in comparison to a steel
> > fork which, if it does fail, will usually do so in a more user friendly manner?
>
> they are much lighter and pretty
>
> http://www.pbase.com/image/8206210
>
> Sabine

Sabine is absolutely right: