Cyclocomputer HELP

pacostrek

Jul 26, 2005
I can't get my computer to work properly. The distance is not accurate. My hybrid had a front suspension, and the braking mechanizm doesnt allow me to put the fork sensor further towards the outer rim of the wheel. Its about 2-3" below the rim. Should I reprogram the wheel circumference to make it think its on a smaller wheel?

Did it ever work correctly to begin with?

Do you still have the instructions that came with your computer? You can measure the distance that your tire covers with one complete rotation and use this to ensure that the speed and distance measurements are accurate.

Where the magnet and sensor are on your bike is not really a big deal as long as it does not interfere with the function of the bike itself. If the magnet comes close enough to the sensor so that it picks it up every time then you should be fine.

PCC said:
Did it ever work correctly to begin with?

Do you still have the instructions that came with your computer? You can measure the distance that your tire covers with one complete rotation and use this to ensure that the speed and distance measurements are accurate.

Where the magnet and sensor are on your bike is not really a big deal as long as it does not interfere with the function of the bike itself. If the magnet comes close enough to the sensor so that it picks it up every time then you should be fine.
It doesn't really matter how close to the rim the magnet is, since the the hub and the rim rotate at exactly the same rate.

Put a bit of paint on your tyre and roll it (pref with you on the bike) forward in a straight line for 5-6 rotations. Measure the total distance and divide the total by the number of rotations.

Also, make sure you are entering the correct measurement. Eg, centimetres - not inches etc.

Scotty

Okay, I've made an adjustment to the fork sensor and recaluculated my wheel circumference, and now its more accurate. Not sure what the problem was, maybe an inaccurate WC