cyclocross bike fit

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by peter gager, Aug 19, 2004.

  1. peter gager

    peter gager Guest

    I fit my road bike well. Based on my road bike dimensions, is it
    possible/advisable to determine optimal cyclocross bike dimensions?
    Are they the same? Not sure there is a good local shop to help with
    fit.
    Thank you, Peter

    Tags:

  2. John Rees

    John Rees Guest

    "peter gager" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    | I fit my road bike well. Based on my road bike dimensions, is it
    | possible/advisable to determine optimal cyclocross bike dimensions?
    | Are they the same? Not sure there is a good local shop to help with
    | fit.
    | Thank you, Peter

    I normally ride a 56cm frame. And when I bought a cross frame, I just
    went ahead and got a 56. Now, I wish I had bought a smaller frame.
    Although I feel fine riding the frame, it has a much higher bb shell,
    which means I ended up with a higher standover than on my road bikes. I
    would have liked to have more clearance. Look at the frame geometry
    carefully, and take this into consideration when sizing the frame.

  4. pgager-<< I fit my road bike well. Based on my road bike dimensions, is it
    possible/advisable to determine optimal cyclocross bike dimensions?
    Are they the same? >><BR><BR>

    'Essentially' the same. 'Perhaps' with more rise to the stem, perhaps a wee bit
    shorter in the top tube. Perhaps a little 'taller' seat tube. So that you can
    see better(more upright), you have a wee bit more weight on the rear tire and
    you can more easily shoulder the thing. All above if you are really going to
    cross race it.

    Peter Chisholm
    Vecchio's Bicicletteria
    1833 Pearl St.
    Boulder, CO, 80302
    (303)440-3535
    http://www.vecchios.com

  5. peter gager

    peter gager Guest

    Thanks. "Taller" seat tube = longer tube compared to road?