Cyclocross bike

Discussion in 'Bike buying advice' started by parviz, Jan 13, 2020.

1. parviz

parviz New Member

Hi,
    My bike is the Scott aspect 750. I go to work and practice with it, I also go on tourist cycling as well as hiking on rough terrain. But for long training and bike touring, handlebar shape is not ideal and can cause neck pain. So I decided to change my bike.
    What do you think of the Cyclocross bike, a combination of road and Cross Country, for these applications I mentioned? And what do you suggest if you agree?

Thanks everyone

Tags:

2. Jimbo S

Jimbo S New Member

I have a Giant TCX Advanced Pro and love it. However, like most top end cyclocross frames, it doesn't have mounts for fenders, panniers, etc.. It doesn't have a brake bridge on the rear and the fork doesn't have a brake mount. It also has a "twitchy" ride compared to other my slacker steel framed road bike so it would be less stable with any gear attached for touring. The bike came with a 1x drivetrain. Fortunately the left "brifter" was an Ultegra Di2 and the FSA crankset would take 2 rings. After a few rides I purchased a front derailleur and the wiring and converted it to a 2x. I don't understand the current passion for 1x systems. My advice? Make sure whatever you choose has mounts for fenders, etc.. I'd also look for a 2x setup or one that can be converted. Screen Shot 2020-02-01 at 6.46.14 AM.png