Cyclocross canti brakes

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Joel Lowrie, Aug 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joel Lowrie

Joel Lowrie Guest

I'm looking for a good set of canti brakes for a cyclocross bike on a lemond poprad frame. The
    levers will be campy veloce, any suggestions? I'm looking at avid shorty 6 and empella frogglegs,
    but I'm open to other options.

Tags:

2. Ella

Ella Guest

i am using the avid shortys with campy chorus and they work well.

--
    Ella Ramaley 671-3934 [email protected] "Joel Lowrie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I'm looking for a good set of canti brakes for a cyclocross bike on a lemond poprad frame. The
    > levers will be campy veloce, any suggestions? I'm looking at avid shorty 6 and empella frogglegs,
    > but I'm open to other options.

3. jocosetad-<< I'm looking for a good set of canti brakes for a cyclocross bike on a lemond poprad
    frame. The levers will be campy veloce, any suggestions? I'm looking at avid shorty 6 and empella
    frogglegs, but I'm open to other options. >><BR><BR>

Tektro and Pauls..for opposite sides of the cost spectrum...

Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
    (303)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

4. Mike S.

Mike S. Guest

"Joel Lowrie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > I'm looking for a good set of canti brakes for a cyclocross bike on a lemond poprad frame. The
    > levers will be campy veloce, any suggestions? I'm looking at avid shorty 6 and empella frogglegs,
    >

I had some Shorty 4s on my JtS, but replaced them with Onzas 'cause I couldn't handle the noise.

LX/XT/XTR all work very well if you can find them, that is. Check with your older mtn bikers, they
    probably have a set laying around from their early days.

Mike

5. Rick Warner

Rick Warner Guest

"Mike S." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    >
    > I had some Shorty 4s on my JtS, but replaced them with Onzas 'cause I couldn't handle the noise.
    >
    > LX/XT/XTR all work very well if you can find them, that is. Check with your older mtn bikers, they
    > probably have a set laying around from their early days.

Or look for someone who has some NOS XTR's sitting on the shelf. Beautiful brakes :)

- rick

6. Pete Grey

Pete Grey Guest

I've tried 'em all on my rain bike, the Tektro's, XT's, and Avids. The Avid's will stop you FAR
    better than any of the others, but they are tricky in terms of squeal. Using an aftermarket pad
    pretty much eliminates that problem.

-pete

"Joel Lowrie" <[email protected]> wrote in message

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.