Cyclocross canti brakes

Joel Lowrie

Guest
I'm looking for a good set of canti brakes for a cyclocross bike on a lemond poprad frame. The
levers will be campy veloce, any suggestions? I'm looking at avid shorty 6 and empella frogglegs,
but I'm open to other options.

i am using the avid shortys with campy chorus and they work well.

--
Ella Ramaley 671-3934 [email protected] "Joel Lowrie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'm looking for a good set of canti brakes for a cyclocross bike on a lemond poprad frame. The
> levers will be campy veloce, any suggestions? I'm looking at avid shorty 6 and empella frogglegs,
> but I'm open to other options.

jocosetad-<< I'm looking for a good set of canti brakes for a cyclocross bike on a lemond poprad
frame. The levers will be campy veloce, any suggestions? I'm looking at avid shorty 6 and empella
frogglegs, but I'm open to other options. >><BR><BR>

Tektro and Pauls..for opposite sides of the cost spectrum...

"Joel Lowrie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'm looking for a good set of canti brakes for a cyclocross bike on a lemond poprad frame. The
> levers will be campy veloce, any suggestions? I'm looking at avid shorty 6 and empella frogglegs,
> but I'm open to other options.

I had some Shorty 4s on my JtS, but replaced them with Onzas 'cause I couldn't handle the noise.

LX/XT/XTR all work very well if you can find them, that is. Check with your older mtn bikers, they
probably have a set laying around from their early days.

Mike

"Mike S." <mikeshaw2@coxDOTnet> wrote in message news:<LGPZa.75494$zy.63545@fed1read06>...

> I had some Shorty 4s on my JtS, but replaced them with Onzas 'cause I couldn't handle the noise.
>
> LX/XT/XTR all work very well if you can find them, that is. Check with your older mtn bikers, they
> probably have a set laying around from their early days.

Or look for someone who has some NOS XTR's sitting on the shelf. Beautiful brakes :)

- rick

I've tried 'em all on my rain bike, the Tektro's, XT's, and Avids. The Avid's will stop you FAR
better than any of the others, but they are tricky in terms of squeal. Using an aftermarket pad
pretty much eliminates that problem.

-pete