Cyclocross canti brakes

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Joel Lowrie, Aug 10, 2003.

  1. Joel Lowrie

    Joel Lowrie Guest

    I'm looking for a good set of canti brakes for a cyclocross bike on a lemond poprad frame. The
    levers will be campy veloce, any suggestions? I'm looking at avid shorty 6 and empella frogglegs,
    but I'm open to other options.

    Tags:

  2. Ella

    Ella Guest

    i am using the avid shortys with campy chorus and they work well.

    --
    Ella Ramaley 671-3934 [email protected] "Joel Lowrie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I'm looking for a good set of canti brakes for a cyclocross bike on a lemond poprad frame. The
    > levers will be campy veloce, any suggestions? I'm looking at avid shorty 6 and empella frogglegs,
    > but I'm open to other options.

  3. jocosetad-<< I'm looking for a good set of canti brakes for a cyclocross bike on a lemond poprad
    frame. The levers will be campy veloce, any suggestions? I'm looking at avid shorty 6 and empella
    frogglegs, but I'm open to other options. >><BR><BR>

    Tektro and Pauls..for opposite sides of the cost spectrum...

  4. Mike S.

    Mike S. Guest

    "Joel Lowrie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I'm looking for a good set of canti brakes for a cyclocross bike on a lemond poprad frame. The
    > levers will be campy veloce, any suggestions? I'm looking at avid shorty 6 and empella frogglegs,
    > but I'm open to other options.

    I had some Shorty 4s on my JtS, but replaced them with Onzas 'cause I couldn't handle the noise.

    LX/XT/XTR all work very well if you can find them, that is. Check with your older mtn bikers, they
    probably have a set laying around from their early days.

    Mike

  5. Rick Warner

    Rick Warner Guest

    "Mike S." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

    > I had some Shorty 4s on my JtS, but replaced them with Onzas 'cause I couldn't handle the noise.
    >
    > LX/XT/XTR all work very well if you can find them, that is. Check with your older mtn bikers, they
    > probably have a set laying around from their early days.

    Or look for someone who has some NOS XTR's sitting on the shelf. Beautiful brakes :)

    - rick

  6. Pete Grey

    Pete Grey Guest

    I've tried 'em all on my rain bike, the Tektro's, XT's, and Avids. The Avid's will stop you FAR
    better than any of the others, but they are tricky in terms of squeal. Using an aftermarket pad
    pretty much eliminates that problem.

    -pete