Cyclocross Sizing on Fuji Cross

ByronLing

Aug 26, 2004
Hey guys,
I'm getting a cross bike, and probably the Fuji Cross. I'm debating between a 52cm and a 54cm. My current Bianchi SL3 is a 55cm.

Got a few questions:
1) Is the tt of CX bikes generally shorter than those of road bikes?
2) I can get a 2004 FUji Cross 52cm a little cheaper than the 2005 model, which is now called the pro. The 52cm Fuji has an actual tt length 1cm shorter than my road bike, and an effective top tube length 1.5cm shorter than my road? Would this be a better size than the 54cm which has a slightly longer actual and effective top tube?

Any other tips on sizing?

Thanks
Byron

I recommend you go with the top tube length that you like. Given that the Fuji offers a slightly longer or shorter top tube than your road bike, you won't be able to match it if you buy the Fuji.
The main difference in 'cross geometry and fit is the seat tube. The 'cross bottom bracket is higher, so the seat tube will be shorter than it would for a road bike. For example a 54c center-to-center cross bike may be close to the same size as a 56c road bike.

ByronLing said:
Hey guys,
I'm getting a cross bike, and probably the Fuji Cross. I'm debating between a 52cm and a 54cm. My current Bianchi SL3 is a 55cm.

Got a few questions:
1) Is the tt of CX bikes generally shorter than those of road bikes?
2) I can get a 2004 FUji Cross 52cm a little cheaper than the 2005 model, which is now called the pro. The 52cm Fuji has an actual tt length 1cm shorter than my road bike, and an effective top tube length 1.5cm shorter than my road? Would this be a better size than the 54cm which has a slightly longer actual and effective top tube?

Any other tips on sizing?

Thanks
Byron
Both makers have geometry charts on their sites.