Cyclocross: Turkeycross (POV Video)

boisestate

Jul 18, 2011
Another exciting week at the Velopark. This was my first race after 4 weeks off due to a broken rib or two. I was late to the line so I failed to get a start that would launch me to the front of the race. As you know, being relegated early only puts you further from the front of the race in the first two laps. It changes the race to one of just moving up, which is it's own kind of fun. I managed to do that fairly well, as the video should show.

Only one crash, but it was a funny one. I "turtled" and didn't even come unclipped. I have gotten so good at crashing, it has become fluid.

I hope you enjoy.

Do you actually participate in any other part of the forum, or do you just pimp your videos like cheap whores? Can't figure out how to make that "number of view" counter for your self-promotional videos on YouTube increase in any other way? What, you can ride a bike but lack the creativity to market your **** in a decent way?

Interesting question. I participate in a number of forums and some are more compelling than others. I am not really interested in the play count going up or I would actually promote. I am interested in sharing the experiences I have and hearing/seeing the experiences of others. I'm not really interested in gear debates or product bashing, which seams to be a pretty common practice on most of the forums. I guess, if I am doing anything, I'm fishing for people who enjoy the storytelling of bike racing. I really enjoy POV videos from other racers like SprinterDellaCassa, Slowroadie, and others and hope to find more folks who'll do the same.

I am guessing by the 7,300+ posts, you like the back and forth conversation a little more.

I hope that answered your question.

It's sort of a guy-thing, to compete in blood sports.

We don't see too many POV lesbian soap making competitions,

though, with a little suds and no duds, I guess we'd run up their view counters.

A little philosophy? I am not your superior, not to any of you.

A young guy has to live large. A young woman has to dream sweet.
He's recording his youth, he'll have proof later, when beat up and tired,
that he did as he was meant to do, to challenge himself by competing with peers.
Nothing wrong and everything right about celebrating one's life. Who is more important?
No one but yourself. All of healthy life is "selfish", in wanting to thrive and be in control.
So, you are doing that and no-one can peg you down for sharing the joy you feel.

POV

I met, for instance, thousands of contestant musicians. They were all competing for the attention of the audience.
Even when the audience was guaranteed (a sold-out house), each musician on stage was hoping to captivate
the attention of the entire audience. Sometimes it was a solo pianist (I was a concert piano tuner-technician).
More often, it was an ensemble, an orchestra, for instance. They have to play in concert. Yet, each one
secretly believed him or herself to be the best...if not, they were no good. This is the nature of artists,
and competitive cyclists are artists, just like any other, "look at me!" And if they were not like that,
they'd be self-defeated. No-one wants to lose against their dreams for themselves. The videos are good.
Your music, however, will never play at Carnegie Hall. ; ).

Try dueling banjos sometime. Try to ride to that? Or The William Tell Overture, the "lone ranger" theme part?
grin. Here. I will find something funny for you to try to mate to your next POV kick **** bike vid, this is humor now,

not really humor. Think about the moves and the music you move to.
As an athlete of the bicycle, you have to be totally in tune with the kinetics.
Good music trains your brain in many ways.

Cyclocross looks like a hard sport - loads of transitions and comprise everywhere. I liked the editing in the vids, thanks for sharing.