Cyclometer Help!

House

Banned
Aug 9, 2004
I have a CicloSport CM414 which worked great for a long time. Suddenly one morning at a Triathlon it wasn't reading speed, gradient or ride time. It was fine the day before. I have tried adjusting the sensor, wetting the magnet, making sure the actual computer is clicked in all the way and nothing has worked, anyone have any suggestions? The time of day, feet per hour climbed(gradient stays at 1%) and temp. all still work.

House said:
I have a CicloSport CM414 which worked great for a long time. Suddenly one morning at a Triathlon it wasn't reading speed, gradient or ride time. It was fine the day before. I have tried adjusting the sensor, wetting the magnet, making sure the actual computer is clicked in all the way and nothing has worked, anyone have any suggestions? The time of day, feet per hour climbed(gradient stays at 1%) and temp. all still work.
I am assuming that you have checked that the sensor battery is good.

Try gently cleaning all of the metal contacts on the computer and mount with fine sandpaper, steel wool, or other abrasive. Sweat and rain can make a film of corrosion that impairs contact. The functions that you identify as still working do not require input from the wheel.

before you crack it open, is it still under warranty? if so, just send it in for a brand new one! if it isnt, contact the company, sometimes they will send you a new one anyway.