cyclometer

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Warren Davies, Jan 9, 2006.

  1. I have a sigma speedmaster 7000 model and cannot remeber how to set the
    wheel size (lost the leaflet that came with it) I have a choice of 3 wheel
    sizes (which I assume if the first number as it goes from 1 to 3) then a
    three figure number ( I am using miles rather than km). Would
    the 3 figure number be 27.2in or 700cm
     
    Tags:


  2. Neil Brooks

    Neil Brooks Guest

    "Warren Davies" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I have a sigma speedmaster 7000 model and cannot remeber how to set the
    >wheel size (lost the leaflet that came with it) I have a choice of 3 wheel
    >sizes (which I assume if the first number as it goes from 1 to 3) then a
    >three figure number ( I am using miles rather than km). Would
    >the 3 figure number be 27.2in or 700cm


    did you look at

    http://www.sheldonbrown.com/cyclecomputer_calibration.html

    ?
    --
    Live simply so that others may simply live
     
  3. Yes thanks Neil. I could not find my Model there. The problem is the four
    figure number and what to enter. The first digit reads 1 -3, and the other 3
    read 1- 10. I assumed the first number was there for for different wheels
    or km/miles. That leaves me with a 3 figure entry. I remember it being very
    simple whe I did it 3 years ago!!
    "Neil Brooks" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > "Warren Davies" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>I have a sigma speedmaster 7000 model and cannot remeber how to set the
    >>wheel size (lost the leaflet that came with it) I have a choice of 3 wheel
    >>sizes (which I assume if the first number as it goes from 1 to 3) then a
    >>three figure number ( I am using miles rather than km). Would
    >>the 3 figure number be 27.2in or 700cm

    >
    > did you look at
    >
    > http://www.sheldonbrown.com/cyclecomputer_calibration.html
    >
    > ?
    > --
    > Live simply so that others may simply live
     
  4. Alex Potter

    Alex Potter Guest

    Warren Davies wrote on Monday 09 January 2006 17:53:

    > The problem is the four
    > figure number and what to enter. The first digit reads 1 -3, and the
    > other 3 read 1- 10


    Does "the circumference of the wheel in millimeters" ring any bells?
    --
    Regards
    Alex
    The From address above is a spam-trap.
    The Reply-To address is valid
     
  5. Neil Brooks

    Neil Brooks Guest

    Alex Potter <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Warren Davies wrote on Monday 09 January 2006 17:53:
    >
    >> The problem is the four
    >> figure number and what to enter. The first digit reads 1 -3, and the
    >> other 3 read 1- 10

    >
    >Does "the circumference of the wheel in millimeters" ring any bells?


    Alex is right. It should follow this particular page, +/-

    http://www.sheldonbrown.com/cyclecomp_e.html

    --
    Live simply so that others may simply live
     
  6. I'll give that a try, but why should that first number allow you to enter a
    2 and a 3 (penny farthing wheel) :)
    "Neil Brooks" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Alex Potter <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>Warren Davies wrote on Monday 09 January 2006 17:53:
    >>
    >>> The problem is the four
    >>> figure number and what to enter. The first digit reads 1 -3, and the
    >>> other 3 read 1- 10

    >>
    >>Does "the circumference of the wheel in millimeters" ring any bells?

    >
    > Alex is right. It should follow this particular page, +/-
    >
    > http://www.sheldonbrown.com/cyclecomp_e.html
    >
    > --
    > Live simply so that others may simply live
     
  7. In article <[email protected]>, Warren Davies
    ([email protected]) wrote:
    > I'll give that a try, but why should that first number allow you to enter a
    > 2 and a 3 (penny farthing wheel) :)


    Because the nominal circumference of a 25-622 tyre is well in excess of
    two metres. The '3' is unlikely to see much use and a decent-sized
    penny-farthing would need a '4'.

    Tip for penny riders, divide the circumference of the wheel by 2 and fit
    two magnets diametrically opposed.

    --
    Dave Larrington - <http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk/>
    A *National* Socialist Government did you say, Mr. Chaplin?
     
Loading...
Loading...