cygolite - nightrover - offroad?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Dave Mennenoh, May 16, 2003.

  1. Hi guys, I picked up a cygolite night-rover - 12.5w rechargeable lighting system today. Is this good
    enough for off-road use? I guess I'll find out soon enough but was just hoping to get some input
    from anyone who might have one...

    thanks!

    --

    Dave Mennenoh http://www.crackconspiracy.com/~davem

    Tags:

  2. Technician

    Technician Guest

    > Hi guys, I picked up a cygolite night-rover - 12.5w rechargeable lighting system today. Is this
    > good enough for off-road use? I guess I'll find out soon enough but was just hoping to get some
    > input from anyone who might have one...

    if you live in the city it should be fine, in the country you need at least a 120 gigawatt lamp
    system. if the trees ain't smoken as you ride past, it ain't bright enough. if they burst into
    flames, better cut down a little on the power. ;-)
    --
    ~Travis

  3. Seriously though - I do plan on deep woods country riding yes... John Muir if anyone's familair.
    Anyone recommend a good lamp for deep woods riding?

    --

    Dave Mennenoh http://www.crackconspiracy.com/~davem

  4. Zilla

    Zilla Guest

    Just as important is how long do they last.

    --
    - Zilla (Remove XSPAM)

    "Dave Mennenoh" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi guys, I picked up a cygolite night-rover - 12.5w rechargeable lighting system today. Is this
    > good enough for off-road use? I guess I'll find out soon enough but was just hoping to get some
    > input from anyone who might have one...
    >
    > thanks!
    >
    > --
    >

    > Dave Mennenoh http://www.crackconspiracy.com/~davem

  5. Watimena

    Watimena Guest

    Make your own dude,

    They are cheaper, brighter and the batteries last heaps longer. Use 20 watt 12 volt halogen down
    lights and Sealed Lead Acid batteries (Gel Cells).

    Only down side is that batteries are heavy.

    Jeremym

    "Dave Mennenoh" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Seriously though - I do plan on deep woods country riding yes... John Muir if anyone's familair.
    > Anyone recommend a good lamp for deep woods riding?
    >
    > --
    >

    > Dave Mennenoh http://www.crackconspiracy.com/~davem

  6. John Harlow

    John Harlow Guest

    > They are cheaper, brighter and the batteries last heaps longer. Use 20
    watt
    > 12 volt halogen down lights and Sealed Lead Acid batteries (Gel Cells).
    >
    > Only down side is that batteries are heavy.

    which is why the better lights use NiMH batteries.