case which mates with the mounting bracket came loose a while ago,
and she's mislaid it.

Cygolite don't sell these as spares, but I'm wondering whether
anyone has a dead or broken unit lying around from which they
could salvage this bit for us. If it wasn't from the same model
it could probably be bodged to fit, so that shouldn't be a problem.
Obviously we'd pay for your trouble and postage.

Please e-mail me at mvw at westnet.com.au if you can help - thanks!

On 2006-09-01, Michael Warner <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I have a friend with a Cygolite "Rover Metro" - it's not shown on their
> website, so I presume it's not a current model. The piece bolted to the
> case which mates with the mounting bracket came loose a while ago,
> and she's mislaid it.
>
> Cygolite don't sell these as spares, but I'm wondering whether
> anyone has a dead or broken unit lying around from which they
> could salvage this bit for us. If it wasn't from the same model
> it could probably be bodged to fit, so that shouldn't be a problem.
> Obviously we'd pay for your trouble and postage.
>
> Please e-mail me at mvw at westnet.com.au if you can help - thanks!

If you have an old bike computer, you could do butcher it and cobble
something to the light that would work. Looking at my $10 Sigma and
Cygolite side-by-side, it sure looks like it would be easy to do.

On Mon, 04 Sep 2006 13:57:24 GMT, chuck wrote:

> If you have an old bike computer, you could do butcher it and cobble
> something to the light that would work. Looking at my $10 Sigma and
> Cygolite side-by-side, it sure looks like it would be easy to do.

I picked up a cheap 8-LED front light today, with the intention of doing
that, since the mounting bracket is in two pieces that clip and screw
together.

But the light is so bright that my friend may be happy to use it (with
rechargeables, I guess) and leave the halogen rig in the cupboard :)

PS It's nice to see cheap stuff with oversized-capable brackets now.