Cygolite Z-Force replacement bulb...

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Weisse Luft, Dec 3, 2004.

  1. Weisse Luft

    Weisse Luft New Member

    Joined:
    May 28, 2004
    Messages:
    1,306
    I had a "butterfinger moment" tonight and dropped my Cygolite Z-Force HID on the ground...sure enough, it broke the bulb. Cygolite does not sell individual replacement bulbs so one cannot have a replacement on hand. This is due to product safety and liability issues. Damn...

    Not to be stilled, I went out looking. Sure enough, the OEM sells the same bulb for $120, online and NO MINIMUM ORDER!

    Added bonus, you can get either a 13 degree beam exact replacement or a 6 degree spot! Now we are talking!

    I sent Cygolite an email to see how much they charge. I doubt they will be as expensive as the OEM but for $120, a spare might not be a bad idea. And since volume discounts are available...group purchase? Get your Paypal info ready!

    Tags:

  2. Weisse Luft wrote:

    > Not to be stilled, I went out looking. Sure enough, the OEM sells the
    > same bulb for $120, online and NO MINIMUM ORDER!
    >
    > Added bonus, you can get either a 13 degree beam exact replacement or a
    > 6 degree spot! Now we are talking!

    I'm sorry...this is good?!

    I'll stick to my $5 3W dynamo bulbs, I think - although I resent paying
    even that much.

    /me awaits Ghost Of Christmas Past

  3. Weisse Luft

    Weisse Luft New Member

    Joined:
    May 28, 2004
    Messages:
    1,306
    Most any bulb will not survive a 400G impact, even the lowly dynamo bulbs. HID's have a 1000+ hour MTBF if one doesn't subject them to such impacts.

  4. Weisse Luft

    Weisse Luft New Member

    Joined:
    May 28, 2004
    Messages:
    1,306
    No one answering the phone, no reply via email. Guess I have to order replacement from the OEM...